BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not on a waiting list with any Dealer.
What is the best strategy to get a M5 - I do not want to pay a premium.
(a) Call around dealers in smaller cities (I am in Houston)
(b) Wait till next year for demand and supply to catch up.
etc etc
Thanks innadvance

·
Registered
246 Posts
todo said:
I am not on a waiting list with any Dealer.
What is the best strategy to get a M5 - I do not want to pay a premium.
(a) Call around dealers in smaller cities (I am in Houston)
(b) Wait till next year for demand and supply to catch up.
etc etc
Thanks innadvance
I would think that option B is your best bet. A premium is almost always tacked on by the dealer with regard to hard to come by and most sought after models.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Actually, you may very well have a chance to get on a dealer's waiting list. Our dealer said that they're used to seeing 25-50% of people drop off the waiting list when it comes time to order, since they place their (refundable, at least at this dealer) deposits up to a year in advance, and then have the time to read reviews, find out they can't afford as much as they thought they could, and have their wife insist on buying the Camry instead. hiha

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree. Dealers have a drop off rate that you can take advantage of. The hardest part is avoiding paying the premium, as todo wants to do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The definition of not willing to pay a premium is - I don't mind paying the same price as say a #1 on a waiting list customer would pay.

·
Registered
283 Posts
yeah, call around to a few dealers, as soon as one person drops out of the queue and gets his deposit back, then the spot is up for grabs. the drop out rate is probably 30-40%!. Thats exactly how I lucked out and got mine for November delivery - i was in the right place at the right time. (only, i had a little backup plan too) kinggf

good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts