BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Saw this car on japan auctions, and was wandering what type of interior it was (not an M5 btw). Talking mainly about the seats here. I think its Alcantra, but it seems different?

Here is the link if you want to see all the pics. Link

Sorry if this is a repost (or something that can be found out by searching), but never did my eyes cross out on such an interior on this forum.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Alcantara seats were offered by BMW Individual for the E39. I have sat in a car with Arizona Sun Alcantara seats and it was very "different" ouich

·
Registered
135 Posts
All E39 with M-Sport package were delivered with these alcantara seats. Then customers had the option to upgrading for montana leater instead.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ashok Arora: Different? in what way? I'm guessing you don't get to slide around as much as with leather seat with those.

Christian Fog: Is that in the EU only or worldwide?

Beamer USA: looks impressive dosent it :)

Thanks for your input guys. by the way thats a 2001 530 thats going around for what I see as a rediculously high price of 4 million yen, which is about 35000 USD, kind of high isn't it? even for a car with less 50000KM on it. Maybe its the option choice?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I belive it's worldwide.

BTW... looks great i white!!! :M5launch:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
An alcantara interior wasn't available in any US e39 models. Although, BMW Individual may have been able to do it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fart: your seats have a very "german" look to them, a freind had an old W124 with seats that were very similar to yours, they were very nice.

But the one in the auction has different side supports, Which I have to say looks and probably feels very good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice. I'm sure it looks awesome in person and is probably comfortable as all hell. I'd be concerned about long term wear and tear though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts