BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Wow, very special lookign and unique. Can you tell us some more? Very interesting thing to work with, must be labour intensive but FUN!

·
Moderator Emeritus
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FRONT PAGE!!!! AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT!!!!!!

http://automotorundsport.de/

ps: I am at work right now.....I will give an account of what was involved and how this all came about. Short summary:

My brother and I started a company 4 years ago with some guy we befriended while touring in Germany - (specifically: he gave us directions to a parking garage, and we had a beer with him! that was it!). Everything was just a random coincidence. The focus of the company back then was Audi RS2 and RS4 cars.....which he was very well known for....
Now, the company consists of two different divisions:

1. PPI Automotive Design - which is very specific for complete program for specific Audi cars (the equivalent of Techart tuning for Audis) - In addition, this company is affiliated with Techart.

2.Pogea Racing - which develops engines and works on many different cars. Is the equivalent of a specialized service garage.

We created the PPI RSTT and brought it to the Essen Motor Show (04) - this was alot of hard work, and alot of investment $$$. The show was a complete success....everyone in the automotive press was going crazy about the car....we kept getting called "Best in Show" - which was great for us. Alot of orders, etc,..etc...

(I will write more later......)

All this is very exciting for us!

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Front page in AMS is VERY good! You dont need any luck more ;) you already have it! Now go work ;)

CONGRATULATIONS and you are a true enthusiast so I am very happy to hear this. But Audi hmmm

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow, looking good Alfred! Frontpage of AMS!
It was great seeing you and the car in person at the Motorshow.

I can vouch for the quality and craftsmenship in the car. The Carbon Fiber (yes, with capital letters) is amazing, same goes for the interior. The styling works great on the car, and makes it very sleek and sporty, but still feels like its OEM!

Dunno about the engine yet, but that's nothing a test-drive won't cure... (hint hint.. ;) )

Cheers,

Gerrit

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wow, congratulations Alfred. It looks like you have been a busy man then. Had tons of fun with you at last years run and hope to catch up with you again sometime. cherrsagai

regards,

peter

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Very nice Alfred - good to see you active on the board again :byebye:

You wanna come along for our London-Monaco run in May? Bring Rakesh as well :wroom:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Way to go, Alfy! It's definitely good to hear from you again.

How is that RS2 project of yours coming along? Can't wait to hear more about other PPI projects. One more thing, are some items ready for rest of world distribution, I think I may have some friends interested.

Cheers,
Karman

·
Moderator Emeritus
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!

This is one of those things you just have to try and see what happens.... We looked at a couple of publications this weekend, and we are in the news of over 20 websites, and 6 major automobile journals....most recent....Autoweek.nl

I am still doing my "day job" - doctor stuff....but this is more my passion.

Why Audi? you can't deny the power of quattro, in addition, BMW coming out with uglier and uglier cars - only gives Audi a boost. It has quickly become the enthusiast's car! We decided to go forward into the Audi tuning world the day Audi released the LeMans concept - we are looking forward to getting our hands on that car, the next TT, etc etc..... (branching into Lamborghini would not be so bad either!)

The other alternative was Porsche...but we partnered up with Techart - and they have that covered very well.
Incidentally, we brought our project designs and concept to a couple of really famous tuners before going ahead, most notably the owner of Techart, and Alois Ruf as well. Both responded very favorably to the car and project ideas!

The final assembly of the PPI RS TT took place in Techarts workshop....alongside the assembly of the Techart Magnum and the new Techart 997... and the workers kept getting distracted by the car! It was really alot of fun, but it has been real crazy work.

As for availability, everything is available for the car within 2 weeks we start shipping out. Already have our hands full with complete conversions etc...

We are currently in negotiations with distributors in the U.S., Russia, Japan, and Canada! We will see how this all plays out, but my guess is, you will be hearing alot about our cars in the future!

But first and foremost, I am an enthusiast, and I really always enjoyed this forum, it is by far my most favorite! So, that does not change.

As for PPI : the quality of all the products are 100% perfect. We did not cut a single corner coming out with this stuff - so if you know anyone that has an Audi - specifically TT (for now) - send them our way! After the "growing pains" are over, I extend an open invitation to all the members to come by our future center in Stuttgart!

Thanks for the comments guys!

·
Moderator Emeritus
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
more more more !

reviews keep coming!!!!! ....

From Columnist Matt Davis, Autoweek :

.....It was the first point at which I caught myself mouthing the word “sweet.” ......when I beheld the 552-hp turbocharged Ruf Rt 12 997 911 and the Audi TT-based, 350-hp turbocharged RS TT by PPI. Both were in shades of that burnt orange normally found only on Lamborghinis.

---> PPI and RUF......that's pretty good company!! ...(have to show this to Alois..)....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts