BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, good morning,

I was under the car replacing the left air duct that got messed up when the Mrs. got into it with a curb in a parking lot. Curb won. Anywho, noticed these two clips just aft and each side of the jack point that is under the engine. Any idea what goes there? I think I am missing a piece but google image searching hasn't helped me figure it out. I know someone here will know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think part#26 (Left-51718222131, Right-51718222132)

Reactions: lear

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TMV. I don't think so though, those panels go just aft of the front tires, they are present and accounted for on my beast :)

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Yeah, you're missing the underbody plastic cover. Those are two (of four, I think) attachment points for that plastic cover (part #19 in the diagram above).

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Making progress. I picked up part 19 yesterday. Lines up perfect at the front end. However at the back the hardware doesn't line up with any attach points. Am I missing pieces between the part 19 and the left and right outer coverings? If so what part am I missing? I can't find anything that looks like it would fill the hole on realoem...

Thanks again and Happy 4th to those of us in the colonies :usa:!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you get #20? 51712695699, 51712695700
It looks right. The exhaust is open to the airflow.
No, no I didn't! Those were missing as well. I was thinking a panel running underneath the exhaust would have to be made of something heat resistant. I have added those two parts to the get list. I can't see how they attach though. Anyone remember what fasteners they need?

THANKS!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anyone can check to see how 51712695699 and 700 attach to the car there will definitely be a box of your favorite beverage heading your way!

Thanks

·
Registered
529 Posts
If anyone can check to see how 51712695699 and 700 attach to the car there will definitely be a box of your favorite beverage heading your way!

Thanks
This might help, jump to 5:41 in this video (and pause) and you'll see the placement of them. IIRC #18 on your part diagram above is the type of hadware used to secure it.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qIf5nbjFFJI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Son of a gun. Nice, thanks. Guess what, those pieces are missing on my car too. Now I am getting annoyed with the guys who replaced the transmission. I presume those triangle shaped brackets are removed when the transmission gets dropped?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts