BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick quetions ~

what does " I did a X5 bushing !" mean ???

Which part of the bushing are they refering to????

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
replacing the E39 thrust arm bushing with an X5 thrust arm bushing, usually.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I personally havnt used the X5 bushings X5 being the SUV... They are supposedly beefier.... and do fit into the control arms... Generally you can replace just the Rubber bushings 2- 3 times as long as the shop or you have the correct tool to squeeze them in... many shops are ill equipped and tear them installing them incorrectly...

I have only replaced mine with oem M5 bushing and plan on one day maybe doing the Dinan upgrade.... Dinancars.com.... you can see their site for more details

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Most shop's labor rate make it cheaper to just replace the whole thrust arm.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I highly recommend the X5 bushings, they work very well, and they're a factory part.

In order for the bushings to work correctly, they must be installed 180 degrees out, or "backwards".

The reason for this is the X5 thrust arms are reversed when compared to a V8 E39 front suspension.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just installed the Meyle solid rubber mounts that Turner carries. Don't have any impressions of it yet since I haven't driven it much, but they are very beefy bushings and should last a lot longer than the OEM. They are pretty easy to install... as long as you have access to a hydraulic press :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts