BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
267 Posts
There a good idea i think.
I also think the smaller events are taking the competitors quickly as well such as events like the drivers run etc etc.
With work commitments getting harder to break away from the smaller events lasting 3-4 days will get a wider participentcy than the longer events.

Most people who do these events have high demanding jobs or companies so the ability to drop everything is hard.

for me to leave work for 9 days would be hard and when i got back i would be snowed under for weeks sifting through the backlog etc etc.

with a weekend event from friday too monday things wouldnt be half as problematic.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
The smaller the event the more chance you have of going unnoticed by the local law enforcement agencies. Which can be a good thing. It depends if you want the glamour and showbiz of the Gumball though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Cannonballruneurope has never been a gumball spin off, although there are some similarities between the events, they are different.

The good thing about these other events is that they give ordinary people a chance to experience a rally, who would never be able to afford to do the Gumball, or if they could afford it they probably wouldn't be able to get in.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Slope said:
The good thing about these other events is that they give ordinary people a chance to experience a rally, who would never be able to afford to do the Gumball, or if they could afford it they probably wouldn't be able to get in.
True, but all those spinoffs might harm the exclusivity of rally events like the Gumball...

·
Registered
21 Posts
To me, it depends on the motives of the organisers. There seem to be a lot more events recently, which are cashing in on the popularity of Gumball, but don’t seem anywhere near as organised.

I like events, which have a sense of originality (although you could argue, to be totally original isn’t possible). I like the idea of the Ultimate Rally, because that seems as far removed from the concept of Gumball, as possible (although the site appears to be down at the moment – or maybe that’s me).
With only 80 (or so) places up for grabs in the Gumball next year, I would expect the demand for these types of events to increase, due to those who didn't get accepted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts