BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Love tinted tails. Its on my list of mods to do.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
they make smoked hellas CELIS tails.....

also, don't forget to turn off the cold-check function in the LCM so they don't flash every few seconds.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
yes but they dont have the smoked reverse light do they?

could you tell me more about this cold check function? im not sure what you mean?

ahh, you are correct, they do make clear CELIS lights that you could paint any way you please.

the check function or "monitoring" function sends a pulse of current through the tail light (or any bulb monitored system for that matter) so that it can check the lamps function by measuring voltage drop across the system.

cold check or hot check tells you when the circuit is checked - cold = bulb(s) switched off; hot = bulb(s) switched on.

in LED lights, this pulse of current will cause the lights to "blink" every time the LCM performs said check (every few seconds).

this function can be turned off while via coding the LCM.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Im a looking and I'm a liking! Nice one I think they suit the car, especially with beefy quad, if only my exhaust looked like that! LOL

·
Registered
4,896 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
wow, interesting, that must be brand new, I looked at that link less than 5 minutes ago

·
Registered
51 Posts
Let us know how well they stand up to the weather, in terms of condensation and UV damage.

I love the look of these tails but would hate to see condensation in there a few months after installing them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts