BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just came across this posting:

Cars for Sale: 2001 BMW M5 in North Haven, CT 06473: Sedan Details - 294183846 - AutoTrader.com

The dealership is closed today so can't call. What do you think the price of this car will be? I am thinking $26K or so given it is at a BMW dealer? It has the interior I like. Can someone tell me exactly what the different interior packages are? As I think one comes with the power read shades? Also I assume no way of just looking at the stereo controls to tell if it has the M-Audio? Also does the M-Audio usually come as part of a package?

Also is there a way one can run the VIN number and tell what options the car has like the M-audio, folding seats, etc as I assume various numbers represent what the car has?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that all part of a package and if so will any E39's have the M-Audio and not have the rear shades or vice versa? So looking at the trunk pictures the subwoofers are mounted at the top of the inside of the truck as I see them and assume they where just speakers?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
No offense but instead of starting a new thread everytime you find a decent car why dont you make 1 thread named " My search for E39 M5 " and post all questions there?

Reactions: al-x and vantaam5

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
No offense but instead of starting a new thread everytime you find a decent car why dont you make 1 thread named " My search for E39 M5 " and post all questions there?
+1

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Is that all part of a package and if so will any E39's have the M-Audio and not have the rear shades or vice versa? So looking at the trunk pictures the subwoofers are mounted at the top of the inside of the truck as I see them and assume they where just speakers?
Almost all US M5s have the M-audio,as you can identify by the woofers in the trunk.

This option has no impact on the rear sunshades.
As I said,this car has sun shades(as you can see on the button below the navi screen and the latches above the door cards).

And PLEASE,do one thread for your search of the car,not every time a new one!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about that as I just got my question answered on the M-Audio and such and don't think I have any other questions in terms of figuring out the options and such.

I think I will just keep my search to myself in terms of anything I find going forward and not post what I am finding as I think I know what to look for from my prior posts and responses. Thanks everyone for helping me get up to speed and sorry once again for so many nub posts.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
...I think I will just keep my search to myself in terms of anything I find going forward and not post what I am finding as I think I know what to look for from my prior posts and responses. Thanks everyone for helping me get up to speed and sorry once again for so many nub posts.
No Rich....I think you are misunderstanding. The discussion is good - the questions are fine. The idea is that you can consolidate all of the questions and discussion under a single thread. So start a thread as Vantaam suggests. We will still read and respond - promise!

Ps - my guess is that the stealer will be very close to 30k (right or wrong)

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Ray,

I'll explain all this stuff when you come by today. It won't take long as there aren't many options and no actual "packages" offered. You'll leave here today knowing all of it!

·
Registered
798 Posts
+1 please rich don't start a new thread for every single question you have. Please do more research before starting a new thread.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No Rich....I think you are misunderstanding. The discussion is good - the questions are fine. The idea is that you can consolidate all of the questions and discussion under a single thread. So start a thread as Vantaam suggests. We will still read and respond - promise!

Ps - my guess is that the stealer will be very close to 30k (right or wrong)
Yes, as a noob here, I can say that a thread that documents your search would be very helpful to someone else.

·
Registered
647 Posts
...Also is there a way one can run the VIN number and tell what options the car has like the M-audio, folding seats, etc as I assume various numbers represent what the car has?
From the pics, it has Sport interior, rear shades, M-audio, and fold down seats. The only options it doesn't have are the PDC and full leather interior (comes with the Luxury interior).

·
Registered
933 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm going to say $29K, more if it's a one-owner. I hate it when people paint the wheels though, and at that mileage there shouldn't have been damage to the wheels requiring refinishing. So for me, that's a strike.

Hopefully by now you've called the dealership, gotten all of your answers, and will shortly update this thread? Or would you prefer to start a new one? ;)

BaaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaa, oh I do crack myself up. :)

Hey, don't worry about asking noob questions, but a single thread is probably a good idea.

And the "luxury interior" which is actually called "Heritage" is a no-cost option. It's a crap-shoot as to which cars it appears on, although I don't think you ever see it with the two-tone interior, and I think you always see it with the Caramel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts