BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Very nice! :thumbsup:

The M5 looks like Blue Onyx - can you confirm this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone got an idea where to find this in higher resolution and (if possible) without the writing?

Would be really great!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Nice pic but too bad we could not see more of the M5 & M6. :grrrrr: If the M5 is Onyx, it looks great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
646 Posts
What do i think? - i think it makes me ponder 'mmm those M6 wheels would look VERY tasty on a black M5' - that's what i think!! Yes that's on another thread but you did ask!

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i think both colors suit the m5/m6 very well.
it is such a beautiful combination... an onyx-blue m5 and an indianapolis?-red m6. makes me wanting both of them in my garage... lovelove

·
Registered
766 Posts
Maggo said:
Nice pic, but the V10 of M5/M6 has nothing to do with the F1 V10.

Thats only a marketing gag.

Hmmm...it's not made by BMW, it's NOT a V config...it NOT 10 cylinders...

or did you think that any of the WRC cars are really just modified street cars?

or that the Audis that race in the LeMans series share any components with an A6?

:confused:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Jessem said:
Hmmm...it's not made by BMW, it's NOT a V config...it NOT 10 cylinders...

or did you think that any of the WRC cars are really just modified street cars?

or that the Audis that race in the LeMans series share any components with an A6?

:confused:
I know that.
But a lot of people believe the statements of BMW that the M5/M6 engine is a near relative of the F1 engine.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Maggo said:
I know that.
But a lot of people believe the statements of BMW that the M5/M6 engine is a near relative of the F1 engine.
But it has some similarities - V10, high revving...
Well, its all about the marketing, if the people believe they got F1 inspired engine under the hood, they will buy it for that F1 spirit.

BTW, have you got more informations about "BMW statements". Maybe we should know how it is in reality :D
Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Zapper said:
The M5 looks like it could be Carbon Black. My M3 shines the same way in direct sun light...
mhm ... im not sure, but i think Onyx-Blue is correct
it seems too blue to be black

1 - 20 of 33 Posts