BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dislike my wood trim and am trying to figure out what I want to put in.

I borrowed a piece of Mpresiv's (spelled right Ronnie ;) ) Titanium trim for a moment. What do you guys think?

I like it but also thing Black or a gun metal would be nice to.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
I like your garage! It's even is decorated correctly. :hihi:

That is an interesting look. The titanium trim definitely stands out. I kind of like it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehehehe

How many guys do you know with a M5 Plennum hanging on their wall :)

I actually like it (the trim). I wasn't sure at first but it is growing on me

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would go with a darker color (gun metal/black), especially if you're putting in black floor mats.

P.S. Love the garage. Pictures, street sign & engine cover, that's that I call wall treatment.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
IMHO, a darker trim would look better on the black/tan color combo. Great garage!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I actually like the trim like that a lot. The wood trim looks great, but that is really distinct and classy. I would go for it. A lot better than the black/red with wood.
Love the garage too!
:cheers:

·
Registered
12,932 Posts
I have seen some Renntech cars (MB) which use bird's eye maple, very dark, not quite black. Don't know any cost, but another option to consider.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
396 Posts
Tim, I tend to like it.

I would think that another deciding factor would be to see the entire perspective of the carbon black/carmel/trim as seen while looking in from the outside.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think it looks nice!

How easy is it to change out the trim? I have wood, but like the titanium look better with my black interior.

·
Registered
569 Posts
dmz said:
I am open to trade my titanium trims with wood trims. Let me know if anyone is interested.
What condition is it in? and how difficult is it to change out? I'm interested.

·
Registered
516 Posts
dmz said:
I am open to trade my titanium trims with wood trims. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Hi.

Are you looking to get wood trim?

I am looking to get titanium.

Let me know if that is the case and we are a go. The trim is in perfect shape but there is one scratch on the ash tray cover. I'd order you a new one.

I work in downtown San Fran during the week so we can swap in person!!!

Cheers.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DMZ

Sent you a PM. Hope we can work it out (as I started this thread you vultures)
:cheers: (Just kidding guys)

dmz said:
Trim is not hard to swap. You have to be careful with it yes. But the center console is the tricky part. I can send you detailed pictures on how to do it.

Let me know ASAP as this would work for both of us.

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whatever man :cheers:. I will just buy some if it is that big of a deal to you. Or I tell you what. If we work out a deal and it looks like Sh** you and I can do something. This kind of trade would work real well for me as I am not 100% sure if it will look good. That is why I have not just bought a set straight out.

But it is his call.

And I will have to look but I posted a trade option a while back to but never followed up on it as I wanted to see how a piece looked first. Know what I mean Vern ;)

Ag02M5 said:
I posted a wanted back in March...

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52515

:byebye:

Let the bidding begin?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts