BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought this car from Philmark Motors this past weekend. Oh - what a lovely feeling!!! She's definitely a gorgeous piece of machinery. The outside and inside is near mint condition. She has 64,600 miles on her - I paid $26,500 for her. Comes with a 1month bumper to bumper warranty and 3 months drivetrain & powertrain warranty.

She's in the shop right now getting a post-purchase inspection and emission inspection done. I also found out over the weekend that the final stage unit needs to be replace as the AC blower does not shut off after engine is off - thus draining my battery. Went to BMW Dealership to pick up the fsu ($125). What a rip-off from the Stealer but I just had to take care of it immediately. I will call up Philmark later to see if they reimburse me for the parts since this should be cover under their warranty.

Anyway - I love this beauty and can't wait to get her back from the shop later on today. I hope they don't find any major problems with her today.

Kiet

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Congrats! Lovely color combo. :thumbsup:

Someone will probably smack you for doing a 'post purchase inspection' rather than a pre-purchase, but chance are, you'll be fine with a month bumper to bumper left. Be sure to pull the maintenance records.
:cheers:
Dave

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah - I do agree with you on the post-purchase inspection. I guess it was a risk I was willing to take. Dealership was about an hour away so I guess I took convenience over having to come back to the dealership numerous. I have to admit that the warranty did influence my decision - but overall - I know it was not a very smart decision on my part. I am hoping and praying now that the post-inspection comes back clean and I don't have to worry too much. Anyway - thanks for the advice on maintenance records. Inspection II has not been done - so I'm looking to do that myself. Do you have a checklist on Inspection II items? Thanks.

Kiet

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
The big hitters around your mileage will be brakes and clutch. Thrust arm bushings and the usual array of sensors are also probably ready for replacement. Leaky power steering hoses are a common issue.

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
... Inspection II has not been done - so I'm looking to do that myself. Do you have a checklist on Inspection II items? Thanks.

Kiet
Do a Search. It is listed elsewhere on this site.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Post-purchase inspection came back and found out the only problem is with the left front wheel bearing. It needs to be replaced. Dealership is saying cost is $562. Everything else looks good. I will call Philmark Motors to have this work done under their one month bumper to bumper warranty. Hopefully - they won't give me such a hard time about this.

Kiet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts