BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sorry to keep boring everyone with questions of color combo's//haha.

THANKs
MT

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks..its hard to make a decision with never seeing the colors in :cheers: person

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I've seen a couple of Z8's in that combination and they looked fantastic.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Since you asked, I think the red interior is too much. I can see it working on a convertible, especially one that is not a daily driver. A friend has a gray E46 M3 convertible with red interior and it looks terrific. I think red for a big sedan, especially if used every day, is too, well, red. In addition, I would be concerned about diminution in resale value because any strong color will appeal to fewer people. But I am glad it is offered, since there obviously are people that prefer it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wish the seats were inserted in red instead of all red.

However, I am leaning towards the red on silver-gray. I still lust after a red on silver E30 M3 that I shoulda had.

Can someone help clarify the shade of red ? Is it just like red in the Z8 ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
BMW_Addiction said:
I wish the seats were inserted in red instead of all red.

?
That would for me give off the vibe of the Corvette whose " red " interior has the dual color seats.

I'm planning on Silverstone II with Indy Red interior . Two colors you won't see on an econobox , unlike silver with black interior.

·
Registered
101 Posts
bm5kw said:
That would for me give off the vibe of the Corvette whose " red " interior has the dual color seats.

I'm planning on Silverstone II with Indy Red interior . Two colors you won't see on an econobox , unlike silver with black interior.
uh...Red on Silver is a traditional sport color scheme also used on the Vette. I'm a Vette fan too :cheers: Many contemporary sport BMW models ,including the E39, had 2-tone inserted seats available and IMO, they look great.

·
Registered
520 Posts
bm5kw said:

Silverstone has a touch of blue in it. Is red going to work with that color? Anyway, I think red inside black looks great!

·
Registered
67 Posts
My choise after Black/Black. Guess combined with wood? Don't think aluminium works that good with the Red interior.
The remark that it looks modern is quite strange. I've seen this combination some time ago in a Jaguar MkII. A car that should be about 40 years old. I guess it's a combination that never goes out of time (maybe what they ment with modern).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts