BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dealership to buy eight 1L 10W-60 bottles of TWS oil and an oil filter. The parts guy offered me a deal on a case. I got the case for $8/bottle and the filter for $8, which includes my BMW CCA discount and a slight discount given at the register.

The sales receipt indicates the list price for the oil as $15.66 and the $19.08 for the filter. Overall happy with the purchase but am curious as to what other folks are paying.

I am in Northern California.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
Those are good prices....


you have to remember that some dealers INCREASE the MSRP of the parts. It looks like your dealer increases the MSRP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
I have purchased BMW 5w-30 between $4.00 and $5.00 a quart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
Ocean....you are getting ripped off, they wont' sell you the oil you need...and they overcharge you for the 5w-30

the 5w-30 MSRP is $3.99,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
KirklandM5 said:
Ocean....you are getting ripped off, they wont' sell you the oil you need...and they overcharge you for the 5w-30

the 5w-30 MSRP is $3.99,
And your response helps me how?? hiha hmmm

J/K I read your other post... thanks for the info!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
New Zealand - Just paid $37 for a litre of Castrol 10/60 ($25 USD!!!!!!)
I ought to get a barrel for that - you guys are lucky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1>I just checked out my invoice for my last oil change (lubrication service). It states $11.92 per (unit), I'm assuming a unit is a quart because they charged me for 7 units of oil. $11.92 x 7 = $83.44 plus $3.51 for washer, plus $12.54 for filter insert, plus labor $50.00 for a grand total of (Drum roll please) $149.49. Yes, next time I'm changing the oil myself!
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>
</TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,398 Posts
$4 for the 5-30 and $8.8 for the TWS

robord- that's an astonishing price. Buy it here and ship it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
I get four x 4lt bottles for GBP 105 which is about GBP 6.50 a litre (Castrol 10W 60). At the current rate of exchange (GBP 1 = USD1.80) that is about $11.70 per litre.

I have to buy it in bulk as I get it through my girlfriend's brother who is a mechanic and so gets it a trade for me.

Pip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
$8 at Pacific BMW last time I purchased.

Have yet to purchase any here in AZ. Will let you know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
£4.37 a litre from Halfords ~$7.50? that's their half price Castrol RS 0W40 offer they have just now.

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
$8.00 U.S. BMW 10W60 at Tischer BMW, Silver Spring, MD with BMW CCA discount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
$8.95 per liter Competition BMW Smithtown NY [10W60]

$13.95 for the filter. (includes the washer).

DIY labor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Osodog said:
Went to the dealership to buy eight 1L 10W-60 bottles of TWS oil and an oil filter. The parts guy offered me a deal on a case. I got the case for $8/bottle and the filter for $8, which includes my BMW CCA discount and a slight discount given at the register.

The sales receipt indicates the list price for the oil as $15.66 and the $19.08 for the filter. Overall happy with the purchase but am curious as to what other folks are paying.

I am in Northern California.
Osodog,
Are there any other retailers (aside from dealers) to get the 10w-60 TWS?
I also live in NorCal, and I've not been able to find the 10w-60 TWS in any of the car care stores. Thanks.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,458 Posts
bksf said:
Osodog,
Are there any other retailers (aside from dealers) to get the 10w-60 TWS?
I also live in NorCal, and I've not been able to find the 10w-60 TWS in any of the car care stores. Thanks.
the tws is a bmw only oil, it's imported by bmwna so you'll only find it at a dealer or bmw shop. I get mine at concord bmw for around $8 per liter.
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
I bought a couple of liters of TWS 10-60 from the parts counter at $12.61 ea, however on my oil service they charged me $8.95 x 7. I asked the SA if I could purchase a couple of extra liters(@$8.95) when I get the oil changed and he said I sure just let him know when I bring it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
I've purchased the TWS 10w60 oil from Irvine BMW for around $17/L a while back.

Last time I got a few extra liters was at Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa, CA for $8.95/L.

If you can't find any decent prices in your area you can always try www.bavauto.com, they have it now at $9.95 (used to be $8.95).
You can search for it by the part number: 07 51 0 009 420.

BavAuto also has our oil filters for $9.95 as well (11 42 1 745 390)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
SCORPIO said:
$8 at Pacific BMW last time I purchased.

Have yet to purchase any here in AZ. Will let you know!
I just bought 10-60 at Camelback BMW for $9
Is that what M5's take also?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top