BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I got a bit dirty earlier in the quest of getting my H&S boxes and tips looking great again. I bought a stainless steel polishing kit, and thought I'd try and get the tarnishing out of the tips which annoys the h ell out of me. Well the bars of polish that they supply were absolute tripe, so I used the Mequiars Metal Polysh and the buffing wheels that came with the kit. Got some good results but they are still tarnished where I couldn't get in with the wheel. Any tips?
The abrasive wheel

abrasive wheel.JPG

Before polishing

before.JPG
before box.JPG
Half done abrasive stage

half done tips.JPG
half done box.JPG
All done

tips done.JPG
tips done 2.JPG
h&s.JPG

Just polishing with no abrasive

polish only.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh why do my attachments not work? Man that cheeses me off!!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
P21S Metal Polishing soap. Works excellent.

Reactions: Leezamonkey

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Cristian where would I be without you, I did try searching but went through 3 pages of results on 'what exhaust should i get?' Thank you as always

What were your keywords? Mine were "polish exhaust" and, among many exhaust threads, I found those 2 (within the first page of results, though).

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What were your keywords? Mine were "polish exhaust" and, among many exhaust threads, I found those 2 (within the first page of results, though).
lol i used polishing exhausts it came up with 15 results of not much help, tried each one seperately, got many non-useful results, thanks again

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Your attachments are now working and you have H&S too! They are gorgeous when they're properly polished, aren't they? I get comments about sound and looks all the time.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Nice exhaust! I use Mother's Metal Polish and a microfiber towel as needed...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
For a moment there, I thought I was going to be the first to say...good job! :)

They look really good, how old are they, after that time spent, they look pretty new.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your attachments are now working and you have H&S too! They are gorgeous when they're properly polished, aren't they? I get comments about sound and looks all the time.
Thanks yeah I have to add attachments one at a time otherwise it don't work!? Quite annoying. Yes they do look awesome, just wish people in my neighbourhood shared the same love for them lol. On the upside everyone can here me coming, and going..

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For a moment there, I thought I was going to be the first to say...good job! :)

They look really good, how old are they, after that time spent, they look pretty new.
Thanks Bob! I got them Nov '09, so they have seen some action, 17k of action! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When did you get yours installed? Mine was October '09

1 - 17 of 17 Posts