BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What do you guys do with the whole Nav screen? When my nav is up it still leaves the right 1/4 blank.

2. What do you do with the little fake "key" in the glove box?

E

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
1. I have the navigation appearing in the 1/4 right of the screen.

2. It can be used as a temporary key. Just stick your metal key by removing it from the main remote key and it will work fine (ie starting the engine) but without the ability to lock and unlock all doors.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really....well, what is the point of the holder then? or the black plastic key that I got. I guess I understand that one for the wallet to open the doors or something.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
why don't you stick the key up your ........wallet as a spare just in case...
. As far as the nav. screen goes, use the entire screen both sides can't that be done ??.................................

Reactions: BD 997 and EM_5

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
The plastic key is your wallet key and will open the doors. You need the plastic "fob" adapter to use the wallet key in the ignition.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
use the i drive knob to highlight the right side of the screen and then push it down to select. it will give you a list of options. Most people use it for the map, I have mine set to direction of travel. I find it the easiest to use when you peek over quickly to see where your headed. once its set as a map when you highlight it you can twist the knob to zoom in or out of the map.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Mine is set showing the base computer

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
The blank key in the glove is only useable when you insert the key into the shell of it. Then you can use it as a valet key. They cant use all the functions, only drive the car. I think.. I never valet my car.

I take the shell out and put it inside the house because it will never be used.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Think of it this way......you have the metal key in your wallet......you misplace your regular key and are stuck at work. The thin metal key opens the door......then you slide it into the holder in the glove box and now you can use it to start the car........

Chris

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thanks for the info on the key, I'm still a little confused about the nav screen. I drive around with the map up usually, so is there any way I can make the map fill up the whole screen?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
cool thanks for the info on the key, I'm still a little confused about the nav screen. I drive around with the map up usually, so is there any way I can make the map fill up the whole screen?
no full map...your options are two identical maps 1/2 and 1/2 or 1/2 radio and 1/2 map or the other options you choose...

·
Registered
836 Posts
deamoncharger,
what they're saying is that you can have the small screen to the right show nav and the main scree to the left for anthing else. To access the smaller right screen push, not twist, the i-drive button to the right. This will highlight the small screen to the right. Then push down and you'll be given options on how you want the nav to appear (or on board comp stuff like distance, avg speed etc.) on the small screen. Once you do this you push i-drive back to the left and now small screen keeps nav and the bigger one can be changed to anything you want.

·
Registered
836 Posts
i agree, if you close the small window the larger one should occupy all of the nav screen

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
i agree, if you close the small window the larger one should occupy all of the nav screen
I guess it saves having to have 3 map display formats over 2 (small right, medium left, and full screen). I generally leave the map in the right display so I can put anything else in the left display but occasionally flip them if I want the trip computer, current position, etc to remain in the right window.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts