BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This was written by a board member of a local BMWCCA bulletin board in regards to his conversation with Greg Whitten, owner of the Enzo, F50, F40, 250LM and 250GTO.

"It was interesting getting Greg's feedback on his Enzo vs. his F50 and his F40. He says on the track the Enzo seems only marginally better than the F40. One of the reasons was he felt that the F40's shorter wheelbase seems to be a better fit to the track at PR. He said in the F40, he can go from zero to 170 at turn 1, and that he hits 115MPH by the access road after turn 3B.

He also said the F40 is the quietest of the three on the highway due to its turbos quieting the exhaust. Of those three, his F50 is the least favorite for a road trip.

So his comments help to maintain the F40 as my favorite Ferrari.

I expressed my appreciation to Greg for driving his cars and bringing them out to share with us. I took that picture of Jason sitting in the Enzo - what a treat!

Ah yes, but I got to spend some time in the Gallardo with its V10 making noise behind my head! That owner already has 5,000 miles on it (he bought it in Dallas and drove it back to Seattle). And he takes it out on the track - just this last week at a private track near the Tri-Cities - where is that?

Good to see enthusiasts/owners with these cars. And it was fantastic to be able to talk in detail about their experiences with their cars.

Yeah Jason, I took some pictures, but not as many as yours, and I think you covered all the subjects I took pictures of and more."

·
Registered
37 Posts
VanCooper said:
The Noble is imported by a company in Cincinnatti I believe which is called Superformance. I think that they also are the ones who make those Cobra replicas and a few other cars...
You are right and wrong here. Superformance does make cobra replicas, but they do not import the Noble and are not in Cinci.

1gracing in Hamilton, OH (Cincinnatti) imports the noble. AFAIK they have absolutely no relationship w/superformance.

Greg A

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
I think the E55 AMG has betetr aerodynamics than the Gallardo as well. The unrestricted top speed is higher than the Gallardo I beleive?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Gustav said:
I think the E55 AMG has betetr aerodynamics than the Gallardo as well. The unrestricted top speed is higher than the Gallardo I beleive?
What's the unrestricted topspeed of the E55AMG?
So the E55AMG will overall beat the Gallardo or am I wrong?

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
It's funny the E55 AMG have two limits:

one is at 250 km7h

then you can AMG to raise it to 300 km/h. But that is still a limit :biggrin: beacuse of the tyres.

Considering the SL55 AMG did over 330 km/h at Nardo the E55 would at least beat the Gallardos top speed of aroudn 310 km/h.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Gustav said:
It's funny the E55 AMG have two limits:

one is at 250 km7h

then you can AMG to raise it to 300 km/h. But that is still a limit :biggrin: beacuse of the tyres.

Considering the SL55 AMG did over 330 km/h at Nardo the E55 would at least beat the Gallardos top speed of aroudn 310 km/h.
That's impressive. Is it possible to have the 300km/h limit removed, maybe together with some mods?

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Member klas has a Carlsson E55 AMG with a limit of 310 or 320 km/h if Im not mistaken. 0-200 km/h in 13,05 s and around 560 HP. But it has on the other hand different wheels. BTW that is limited too :biggrin:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts