2,950 Posts
Things done over the holidays:

Valve Cover gaskets (had a slow leak)
New windshield cowl
Powerflex bushings for thrust arms
New Oil filter mount
New engine mounts
e60 shift lever
New clutch slave hose (old one was about to blow!)
Replaced underbody panels on the sides of the car (still waiting for the engine/trans panels to show up)
Replaced seat control bezels
Oil change
All filters replaced

Got good condition shadowline and body trims from Clem but didnt get a chance to replaced those yet. Maybe this weekend.

I have to say, since replacing my shift lever with the e60 one, I have no idea why I or anyone else hadnt done this YEARS ago. The shifts are so firm, precise, and sure. How it should feel with shorter throws as well. I cant say how much better it shifts, and how this little mod makes rowing thru the gears an even more enjoyable experience.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have to say, since replacing my shift lever with the e60 one, I have no idea why I or anyone else hadnt done this YEARS ago. The shifts are so firm, precise, and sure. How it should feel with shorter throws as well. I cant say how much better it shifts, and how this little mod makes rowing thru the gears an even more enjoyable experience.

Yeah the E60 shifter is great, but it really comes to life once you've replaced all the bushings and installed the DSSR. I did that in stages and can really notice the improvement.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Complete front suspension refresh! New straight arms, complete steering setup, and swaybar endlinks. Thrust arms with GAS monoballs were installed last winter. Alignment as soon as I can find time and the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Replaced Aux fan

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
only had a 3 hr window and did these things.

Compression test: semi-cold.
Cylinder 1: 220 pis
Cylinder 2: 235 psi
Cylinder 3: 204 psi
Cylinder 4: 250 psi
Cylinder 5: 175 psi
Cylinder 6: 175 psi
Cylinder 7: 190 psi
Cylinder 8: 235 psi

Starts up normal, no rattles other than the clutch chatter.

Replaced plugs
View attachment 930383

Driving issues: car seems to have flat spotted tires. Vibrates around 10-15mph. Possible out of balance ds or center support.

Here is a video of the 20mph - 40mph. Something is wrong, 0 power.
Possible list of culprits:
CPS
CKS
EGR Stuck
MAFs

·
Registered
116 Posts
Whats up back from the dead thread?

Oh well, lots of quarantine projects happening for me, but not photos of them all. Keep it all logged though.

New hood sensor, replaced passenger mirror motor, replaced driver's mirror glass, put a new center console cubby in, replaced the K&N filters with OE, put most of an auto headlight retrofit in (minus sensor, waiting on new windshield instead), swapped out the matte black kidneys for factory chrome, replaced my oil filter housing mounts with McMaster Carr, put in a replacement headunit to fix some dead/dying pixels. I think that is it for now. Waiting on a center vent and an F10 shift knob. That reminds me I need to pay Adam for a driver's door vent! Its been a fun month for the beast.

·
Registered
01 Carbon/Silverstone Exhaust: Jedders-HJS high flow cats-resonator delete-Xpipe-Eisenman cans
2,510 Posts
How do you like the cupholder? Does it work OK?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Edit, sorry thought you were asking about my "cup holders" lol
Yeah, it works fine. They come in all different colors, black looks really good. You just have to cut off the bottoms.
The nice thing about them is they are longer than the sink drain almost connect to the brake ducts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did a headlight restoration to the m5 the oxidation was really bad this is the before
this was after sanding and clear coat with the headlights out
Really simple process and its a world of difference.
this is afterwards with the headlights reinstalled:

7881 - 7900 of 7906 Posts