BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colour code Remarks

Alpine white ii 218 prob to mid 93 only
Alpine White iii 300 as above
Arctic silver metallic 309
Ascot Green Metallic 353 from 06/95
Avus Blue Metallic 276 fr mid 92; special M colour
Bright Red 314 probably 3,8l cars only
Brilliant red 308 probably 3,6l cars only
Callypso Red metallic 252 probably 3,8l cars only
Cosmos Black Metallic 303 3,8l cars only
Daytona Violet 283 from mid 92; special M Colour
Fjord Grey Metallic 310 probably 3,8l cars only
Jet Black 668 prob 3,6l cars only
Lagoon Green 266 from mid 92
Mauritiu Blue metallic 287 probably 3,8l cars only
Mugello Red 274 from mid 92 - special M colour
Oxford Green Metallic 324
Petrol Mica metallic 305 from 06/95
Sorrento Blue metallic 360 from 06/95
Sterling Silver 224 probably 3,6l cars only??? (I have seen 2)
Techno Violet metallic 299 from 06/95

Well I can spot a couple of question marks in the list, but it is stated as "probably" on alot of the colours.
But what about "Daytona Violet", "Granite Silver", "Sevring Grey" etc

I know we will never get a complete list - but maybe we can get a list of everybody's colour and production date. I know there is already a thread counting E34 M5's.

Please supply your Country, Model (3,6 or 3,8), Production Year - if there is anything special about your cars production please write this aswell.

The more people we get to do this the better, thanks in advance for your co-operation guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Jahangeer said:
Please supply your Country, Model (3,6 or 3,8), Production Year - if there is anything special about your cars production please write this aswell.
Finland (imported the E34 ///M5 from Germany just few weeks ago), 3.6, 1989, Sebringgrau metallic.

- m
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
970 Posts
Hi J

There's another list of all the colours here: http://bmwe34m5.com/faqs/?theme=1&level=4&question_id_select=323&chapitre_id_select=23&document_id_select=3

Hope it helps the research?





Jahangeer said:
Colour code Remarks

Alpine white ii 218 prob to mid 93 only
Alpine White iii 300 as above
Arctic silver metallic 309
Ascot Green Metallic 353 from 06/95
Avus Blue Metallic 276 fr mid 92; special M colour
Bright Red 314 probably 3,8l cars only
Brilliant red 308 probably 3,6l cars only
Callypso Red metallic 252 probably 3,8l cars only
Cosmos Black Metallic 303 3,8l cars only
Daytona Violet 283 from mid 92; special M Colour
Fjord Grey Metallic 310 probably 3,8l cars only
Jet Black 668 prob 3,6l cars only
Lagoon Green 266 from mid 92
Mauritiu Blue metallic 287 probably 3,8l cars only
Mugello Red 274 from mid 92 - special M colour
Oxford Green Metallic 324
Petrol Mica metallic 305 from 06/95
Sorrento Blue metallic 360 from 06/95
Sterling Silver 224 probably 3,6l cars only??? (I have seen 2)
Techno Violet metallic 299 from 06/95

Well I can spot a couple of question marks in the list, but it is stated as "probably" on alot of the colours.
But what about "Daytona Violet", "Granite Silver", "Sevring Grey" etc

I know we will never get a complete list - but maybe we can get a list of everybody's colour and production date. I know there is already a thread counting E34 M5's.

Please supply your Country, Model (3,6 or 3,8), Production Year - if there is anything special about your cars production please write this aswell.

The more people we get to do this the better, thanks in advance for your co-operation guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Finland, 3.8, 1992, Granite Silver, imported from Germany
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
1990 Diamondschwartz. Hartge Edition. 3.6 litre imported from Japan to Australia and converted to RHD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
many thanks guys - please keep it coming - I am compiling a list of Country imported to eg above "JAP-AUSTRALIA" along with the other details.

Thanks for the support.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dickrs said:
2-1994 3.8 imported from Germany. Veilchenblau.
------------

thanks dickrs - what colour is Veilchenblau?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,762 Posts
1991 Seabring grey metallic, 3.6.

think it is a "grey import" (no pun intended) as history shows coding plug change (at 780kms in 1993 - a lot of work was carried out including new discs & pads, insp2 service, new toolkit componants etc...) and odometer reads in kms.

Spec sheet states UK spec though.... original owner was a "Bespoke Car dealership" (allegedly) and was their company "show car" - has upgraded sound system, and covered very few miles (or should I say kms) in the first 10 years of its life, that would support this theory.

Has the later style throwing star alloys, 8" fronts, 9" rears.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,503 Posts
I have a spreadsheet of E34 M5 VINs/Colors/etc that I have been compiling for years. The file was created in 1999. I will work on getting a non-vin list and also a projected percentage sheet. The sheet is oriented more towards the US market, but I do have a section with world market M5s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
de Witt said:
I have a spreadsheet of E34 M5 VINs/Colors/etc that I have been compiling for years. The file was created in 1999. I will work on getting a non-vin list and also a projected percentage sheet. The sheet is oriented more towards the US market, but I do have a section with world market M5s.
hi de Witt

God knows how long this will take, but I also am putting it on spreadsheet (what with me being in Finance!) :hihihi:

Maybe we can compare numbers once I get upto the 200 mark. I am not doing the VIN's - too much work for me.

I have 45 cars on my list at the moment - I have been scouring the forum (including two main threads at the top for M5's in general and the Touring Registry).

Will keep you all posted. Please keep postng your info!!

One of the other things I am interested in is the no of cars off the road now for one reaason or another (crashed, mechanical failure etc) - but will leave that for now.

FYI - most common colour at the moment is

Diamond Schwartz 10 out of 45
Daytona Violet 7 out of 45
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top