BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is Interlagos blue with matt black stock wheels and matt black everything.

i want to do something different as red calipers are played out..

should i paint them the color of the car? i was also thinking the baby blue that is in the M logo.. Please input.

Thank u guys!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
I think painted a nice gloss black or silver would be nice if done properly with //M stickers. Since you have black matt wheels it would pop with silver and silver would compliment blue.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Do a search. Lots of pics of guys who've painted red, black, blue, yellow, silver etc.

- Black is the simple answer and will look understated/clean, but it won't pop enough with your blacked out wheels
- Navy blue actually looks very nice on an IB car. LI-M5 has done this on his car.
- Silver is hit or miss. One board member found that the silver he got looked too gray.
- Red/Yellow is only appropriate if you have a BBK in my view

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do a search. Lots of pics of guys who've painted red, black, blue, yellow, silver etc.

- Black is the simple answer and will look understated/clean, but it won't pop enough with your blacked out wheels
- Navy blue actually looks very nice on an IB car. LI-M5 has done this on his car.
- Silver is hit or miss. One board member found that the silver he got looked too gray.
- Red/Yellow is only appropriate if you have a BBK in my view
thanks a lot! that looks very nice.. i might just match them to the color of the car..it looks nice with the black wheels.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am in the same situation with my 55. It's blue and I would really like to paint the callipers to a colour that would compliment the car. They are even less visible than through the m5 wheels but getting the wrong colour could spoil the car. Black would be the safest option although I was tempted by some paint that looked identical to the orange/gold metallic of Nissan 350z.

The callipers need removing though to achieve the perfect finish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts