BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cut a hole last night for my universal transmitter and it got me thinking, what else have you done to your car with a dremel?

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Detailed the M5 logo in the trunk :haha2:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
426 Posts
There is another post about a new M5 owner who took his dremel to the fog light bezels and cut out the plastic so air can move through it freely. I'm definately going to do that to my car....

·
Registered
804 Posts
I just cut a hole last night for my universal transmitter and it got me thinking, what else have you done to your car with a dremel?
Great post:cheers:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I used my Dremmel to cut out the little squares on the black mesh grille to open up the brake cooling ducts. Then I installed euro duct work behind the grille to hook it all up. Very stealthy--no sink drain look.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Buff it out slowly

Square inch by square inch...Leprechaun Style.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I used my Dremmel to cut out the little squares on the black mesh grille to open up the brake cooling ducts. Then I installed euro duct work behind the grille to hook it all up. Very stealthy--no sink drain look.
I was just about to do this very same thing. :M5thumbs:

Which bit did you use?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just about to do this very same thing. :M5thumbs:

Which bit did you use?
I cant answer for him, but I can for myself.

I always use the wrong one first. Keeps me humble.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I drilled a pilot hole in each of the little squares to start and then drilled a larger hole with the largest drill bit I had (about 3/8 inch). Then I used the semi-tapered Dremmel grinding bit which allowed me to get pretty well into the square corners--they are not perfectly square, but very close. You may have to reach behind the grille after grinding and scrape off some of the material when you are done as some will adhere to the edges of each hole after grinding. I just used my hand and rubbed it all off when I put the euro duct work in behind the grille. As I mentioned, it's very stealthy and has worked wonders for brake cooling at the track.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New one yesterday - cut off the e-brake handle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts