BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all you folks having non-HID kits for your fogs....

After using PIAA Super Plasmas on my previous cars (which only lasted for about 4 months if lucky), I switched about a year ago to a lesser known brand - Razo. I got the Royal White BG607 for HB4 (9006) with a color temperature rating of 4,200 Kelvin and the difference from the stock Phillips hallogens was immense.

Well, a few days ago one of them burnt, and considering it has been over a year and my previous experience with PIAA, I am relatively happy so decided to stick with them. This time, I actually got the upgraded version - Premium White Zero BG606 with a color temperature rating of 4,550 Kelvin. Expect they will be even brighter and match perfectly the driving xenons in color and intensity. Got then with shipping for a little over $50, which is half the price of PIAA (which will not last much anyway).

Curious what you guys are using and how happy are you with your choice?

PS
Here is the Razo line as seen on one of the NA distributors website:
http://www.carmate-usa.com/html_razo/razo_lightings.htm

·
Registered
141 Posts
Re: Get the SPP bulbs already for Christ sake!

Hahahah!!!

You already have the info I gave you! :M5launch:

·
Banned
136 Posts

lsdvm said:
Hahahah!!!

You already have the info I gave you! :M5launch:
For all the money you spent on blue bulbs, you could have gotten a REAL HID kit. LOL.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I put in Sylvania Silverstars.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Re: Hoen Xenonmatch

Robokam said:
I had Hoen's in my M3 and they matched the OEM HID's as close to perfect as possible. The only thing that would have been closer would be a HID kit.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

///M5_Madman said:
For all the money you spent on blue bulbs, you could have gotten a REAL HID kit. LOL.
///M5_Madman, what kind of xenon/HID fog light kit does $50 really buy me? I doubt one can find anything cheap in that range, plus, I'd think it would be a risk to buy such product and put it in the Beast.

The cheapest one I have found people on this Board to install and trust is the Bimmian HID conversion. Considering that the setup in parts alone costs $350 or thereabouts (two buls, two balasts, wires, etc.), I would think even the most economical of scenarios, with professional install, one would shell out a good $500, which is the cost of replacing HID quality bulbs for the next 10 years.

Maybe I am missing your point somehow?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm using the Xenesis true match bulbs from BP, look good but my fog lenses are badly pitted and they would look much better once I get new housing put in.

:cheers:

Sean

·
Registered
2,817 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
boostmiser said:
I put in Sylvania Silverstars.
I also put in Sylvania silverstars, both fogs and high beams.

Pretty good match

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I went for the 'Philips Crystal Vision' look very HID'ish and they were only AUD$65 a set for HB4's

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I had the silverstars in the factory fogs but after the freidly Hella rep talked me into using the HIDs I switched two weekends later. I think he did that to hook me into converting the other cars over, like a drug dealer would.:nono:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
how much was the HID kit for the foggies if you dont mind me asking

1 - 18 of 18 Posts