BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 2nd bmw ive owned and was wondering if you guys always ran OEM replacement pads from bmw, or more street/performance pads from the web.
I was looking at grabbing from ebc pads that i run on my other daily drivers.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
ugh, hate EBC. if you're looking for something you can take to the track look at Carbotech.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm running Hawk HP+ pads...awesome stopping power but A LOT of squealing...I mean like an insane amount! And also quite a bit of dust....but they are worth it in my opinion...stomping on the brakes are so much fun!! Just my two cents!

Ryan

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5
1,368 Posts
akebono euro, no more dust! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Akebono, but not the ceramic ones. Stopping is smooth and linear. They seem to have a great grab during panic deer stops. I wash the car often enough not to really worry about the dust.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Since we are on the topic. Whats the best brake pad that wont dust. Im sick of cleaning wheels every other day from the oem pads.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Since we are on the topic. Whats the best brake pad that wont dust. Im sick of cleaning wheels every other day from the oem pads.

"Dustless" pads suck unless you drive like grandma. IMO, think of the wheel cleaning as free back exercise. There are no "good" dustless pads.

·
Registered
172 Posts
"Dustless" pads suck unless you drive like grandma. IMO, think of the wheel cleaning as free back exercise. There are no "good" dustless pads.
hahaha gotcha, then ill guess ill look into those euro or hawks

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Axxis Deluxe + pads. Dust is almost non-existent compared to OEM and most others. Amazing really. The "problem" with them is that they have low brake torque. After I switched to Stopteck BBK up front though, they work fine for normal street driving. It's truly amazing how little dust they put out though. I have them on 4 out of 5 cars. The 850R is the worst case for poor brake torque while the S4 feels great with them. The M5 and E46 fall in between. Fine modulation is only so-so, but not too bad when they are very warm.

I've had Centric Posi-quiet semi-metallic pads on the E90 now for years, and they dust MUCH less than OEM pads too. Not quite as little as the Axxis D+ though. Brake torque is fine, very responsive and modulation is excellent.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Axxis pads are good for the street and very low dust. I have been running the StopTech pads and they work very well on both the street and track. They are not a low dust pad like the Axxis, but don't give off as much dust the OEM pads do. I found that the stock wheels are very difficult to clean. There is a saying about finding a good wheel.....it shows a lot of brake and is easy to clean...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts