BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT ARE YOU USING (BRAKE FLUID) IN YOUR M5 AND WHY? jUST WANT TO KNOW EVERYONE'S OPINIONS....

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
In for answers aswell as im gonna change my aswell and would like to know what the benefit is going with something other then oem? Higher boiling points?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm flushing my brakes soon an using the Motul RBF 600 Racing stuff. Got it from Turner, they also sell that ATE Type 200 for slightly cheaper than ECS.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
In for answers aswell as im gonna change my aswell and would like to know what the benefit is going with something other then oem? Higher boiling points?
Yeah the fluid performs better than the stock fluid plus you can get it for a few bucks more than stock fluid. Why not take the chance and upgrade to a better fluid? I love mine with the stainless steel brake lines.

I'm flushing my brakes soon an using the Motul RBF 600 Racing stuff. Got it from Turner, they also sell that ATE Type 200 for slightly cheaper than ECS.
Motul is good stuff! I didn't opt for it though because its sold in half the size as the ATE variant and is more expensive. Plus there gets to be a point when you go with such a fluid you have to flush it out more often. Not saying this is the case with the Motul, but in general.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,395 Posts
Motul RBF 600 and 660.

Used both at the track and never boiled over. Currently RBF 600.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Castrol SRF racing fluid... no complaints!

Reactions: funbobbyrob

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I read somewhere that racing brake fluids are good for just that racing, higher boiling points etc. But these fluids lack the corrosion and moisture resisting properties of regular good quality fluid. I don't track my car and use ATE gold and flush it every 2 years.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Motul for all my cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts