BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Right now? m5board.com :hihi:

Actually, I'm partial to William Gibson on the SF side.

I also really like Carl Hiaasen...great stuff...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Unfortunately, at the moment, I'm deeply immersed in reading the law, explanation, and analysis of the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004. Lots of fun, heady tax stuff. . . and by "fun", I mean "not so much".

Lately, I've taken to getting audio books and listening to them on my iPod. By the time I get home from work, my eyes are too tired to function. . . :eek:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Mrs_Struth said:
Unfortunately, at the moment, I'm deeply immersed in reading the law, explanation, and analysis of the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004. Lots of fun, heady tax stuff. . . and by "fun", I mean "not so much".

Lately, I've taken to getting audio books and listening to them on my iPod. By the time I get home from work, my eyes are too tired to function. . . :eek:
I travel quite often between Boston and Upstate New York, and frequently listen to audio books to pass the ride. Steven King himself narrates Bag of Bones. It's quite lengthy, but is a great story, and King is an amazing narrator. Less serious, and in fact quite fun stories, are Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything, and A Walk in the Woods - Redisovering America on the Appalachian Trail. The latter is absolutely hillarious.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Books: The Aubrey & Maturin series of Patrick O'Brian seafaring novels (20 books). "Master and Commander" was the first. I'm currently starting "The Truelove".

Daily Drive Audible book on iPod: Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series (7 books), currently near the end of "The Wolves of the Calla".

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The last books I've read are the ones from the Belgian writer Deflo. He's got a good style and I like the way he describes everything. Other than that, you can always do me a pleasure with a book from Herman Brusselmans.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just finished reading an older book, "Death Rides a Camel" by Allen Edwards. About the life and adventures of Sir Richard Burton.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Just finished "The Bugatti Queen" by Miranda Seymour; this is an excellent biography of Helle Nice, a forgotton hero of the Grand Prix world before WWII - a book that I can recommend highly.

Now reading "Narcocorrido" by Elijah Wald, all about the music & drug culture of Mexico hmmm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts