BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I may be looking VERY soon depending on the outcome of my probs.

I just looked at an 02 996TT Dark blue, PLenty fast too!!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
My lease will be up next January, so I will either:

1) Purchase my E39 M5 - such a great car!!
2) Porsche 997
3) Extend my lease and put deposit on E60 M5 (timing's a bit off)
4) 645Ci
5) Audi RS6

·
Registered
19 Posts
If its gonna be an every day car, then Porsche Cayenne Turbo
If its gonna be an every weekend car for fun, then Porsche 997 S

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Either a aston martin v8, or M6 maybe even just the 645.

and for sure a ferrari 430.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Something a little different

I will probably keep my M5 as I think its a great vehicle- a true "keeper". But I may add:

www.fiskercb.com

disclaimer: I am involved with this
:cheers:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Since you currently own a Duc 996, how about going for a MV Agusta F4 Mille?!

I think it would be a great addition to any automotive collection. It is the Ferrarri of motorcycle with out the pretention. You can spank the hell out of the bike, your track mates, and won't have the extensive maintenance bill at the end of the day. :hihi:

If you can locate an AGO version, for just $3000 more than the normal F4 Mille, that's the way to go.

'00 Duc 996 (WERA racebike)
'00 Aprilia RS250 (WSMC racebike)
'00 MV Agusta F4 Strada (Trackbike)...soon to be replaced by a F4 Mille AGO
'04 Aprilia Mille Factory (Trackbike)
'04 Kawasaki ZX-10R (Trackbike)

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Either a CLK55 AMG, or an SL55 AMG! And definitely to be Kleemanized!

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
This has been in the rumor mill for at least 20 years. I remember talk about a 4 door Porsche back in '85.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I do not know yet, I may stick with my M5 for next 3-4 years and then evaluate what new on the market. Maybe Caddy CTS-V will bethe second generation with new 500 HP engine or more.

·
Registered
225 Posts
M6 is on my "radar":thumbsup: . Get it a couple yrs old (let somebody else take the "new" "hit") and start the mods all over again:hihi: !~

Robert

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just picked up a 2004 996 Turbo S Cab and love it, Just wish I could get my wife out of the driver's seat ouich. It's even a decent snow car with snowtires(Blizzak LM25) and it's not too deep. Don't worry, the M5 is a permanent fixture in the garage. Maybe a RS6 Avant if it makes it to the USA... would be the most badass ski car ever!!!!
GIDDY UP,
ACHTUNG

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just spoke with my local dealer (South Bay BMW) re: E60 M5. They currently have 40 people on the list, so they do not expect any cars until 2007 at the earliest. They also told me that they are expecting the sticker price to be $100K+...that's the STICKER price! Blasted exchange rates!

Anyway, looked around the dealership, and there really just weren't any other cars there that I was interested in. The 645Ci is way to GT for my tastes, and while the M3 Competition is a possiblity, it also feels like a backwards step (I know this is mostly in my head). I wasn't impressed by the 545i/6/SMG - didn't feel like a $65,000 car, it felt cheap, also active steering and i-drive come with the package...sooo I guess I'll be spending some time down at the Porsche showroom...

·
Registered
237 Posts
I haven't driven the M3 Comp, but I have driven a regular E46 M3...I assume the Comp would only be better. The M3 is definitely a very fun car to drive...and I would have to say that it could even be considered the "poor man's 911". However, I do like having 4 doors, so the M3 in a way feels like a step backward in room and just the whole 5 down to 3-series thing. I realize that these are two pretty different cars, but I would've appreciated it if BMW did a 4-door M3 as they did with the E36.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts