BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the must have options in an M5 guys, I am thinking of buying and I want to know what are the reasonable options the car must contain.

·
Registered
127 Posts
myofb said:
What are the must have options in an M5 guys, I am thinking of buying and I want to know what are the reasonable options the car must contain.
I would say:

HUD
Sunroof
Logic 7 sound system
PDC

Would not spend my money on navigation, I know where to go anyway...
Would not spend on other seats than the standard stuff which is really great!

:1:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well I don`t have an M5 but I would say the full leather. Although very expensive, looks really nice. Apart from that

- HUD
- Logic 7 (Since it`s one of the best OEM stereos around)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Professional Nav is certainly standard in the UK but an essential option to go with it is the TV function.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yeah UK cars have HUD, Glass Sunroof and PDC as standard - the extras list is only about 12 items long if i recall correctly - stuff like audio/media upgrades mostly! Think the only options i'll be adding are TV reception at a rather hefty £700 and the tinted windows at something like £300.

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
34 Posts
myofb said:
Being in Switzerland the ski sack is important (I ordered it) :2: , Logic 7 & CD changer are a must if you like music , sunroof, PDC and Navigation Professional.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have one available at the dealership in geneva, I'm thinking of trading my X5 4.6 IS for the M5, considering that I have another 4X4 ML 55. The M5 is sapphire black metallic + black leather, It has nav prof. sunroof, multi function seats, pdc, (logic 7 i think), not sure about the HUD, car's battery was dead. It looks very nice in black. You can't appreciate this car without seeing it with your own eyes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
myofb said:
They have one available at the dealership in geneva, I'm thinking of trading my X5 4.6 IS for the M5, considering that I have another 4X4 ML 55. The M5 is sapphire black metallic + black leather, It has nav prof. sunroof, multi function seats, pdc, (logic 7 i think), not sure about the HUD, car's battery was dead. It looks very nice in black. You can't appreciate this car without seeing it with your own eyes.
HUD is standard in Switzerland.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Trade! :thumbsup:

See an overview of some the optiones here:

http://www.m5board.com/articles.php?id=34&page=5

myofb said:

·
Registered
623 Posts
myofb said:
Go ahead and get that beauty new M5. Not sure why you want to trade your X5 hmmm when you can sell your Merc. One service for both cars, easyer on maintenance, and X5 is much better than ML from my point of view.

2001 M5 AC Schnitzer

2002 X5 4.4 (wife car)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anglas said:
Go ahead and get that beauty new M5. Not sure why you want to trade your X5 hmmm when you can sell your Merc. One service for both cars, easyer on maintenance, and X5 is much better than ML from my point of view.

2001 M5 AC Schnitzer

2002 X5 4.4 (wife car)
It's much better you're absolutely right. I'm replacing this ML with the new model, so I'm keeping it for the moment, other than that, it has a very beautiful interior which cost a fortune.

·
Registered
623 Posts
myofb said:
It's much better you're absolutely right. I'm replacing this ML with the new model, so I'm keeping it for the moment, other than that, it has a very beautiful interior which cost a fortune.
Well when you spend a fortune on interior and on many other tuning things it always makes uncomfortable feeling and one sad day when you want to sell it because you never get what you invested :sad1:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anglas said:
Well when you spend a fortune on interior and on many other tuning things it always makes uncomfortable feeling and one sad day when you want to sell it because you never get what you invested :sad1:
You never get back what you invested when its time to sell any second hand car... It is sad... That's life.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts