BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boostmiser said:
Nothing. Available options were PDC, MAudio, Fold down rear seats and sunshades. Of course you could chose between the luxury interior or the sport (extended leather) interior.
Thanks. That's what I suspected (although isn't the monitor DVD vs. CD?) Would you mind elaborating on the interior options? I prefer the extended leather (otherwise, it looks like my 540) but why is that 'sport' and not 'lux'? What does the lux have that sport doesn't...?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ard said:
Boost missed the title in the post.
The 03 has a DVD based Nav. THis is faster and has better maps than the CD based system. You CAN upgrade the nav computer for $800-1200.

The 03 has standard rear airbags- they may be enable or not. The 02 must have been ordered with them (IIRC)

Lots of definitive posts on Sport versus Lux interiors... do a search. SHort ans is:

Sport has different leather texture, and (maybe?) diff stitch pattern
Lux was ALL black or ALL caramel
Sport is either all black OR has colored panels on the seating surfaces (Silver, blue, red.. sorry, I'm not using the right names)
Sport comes with ALUM trim, Lux with Wood. Sport CAN be ordered with Wood.
Rear sunshades only available on sport.

Good luck- I opted for the 03 price wasn't the determinant. I know you are facing a bit of a quandry.
Guys - thanks for your input and clarifications! I'm going through the archives as fast as I can as I'd like to make a decion on the '03 vs. '02 tomorrow. Price aside, I prefer the Lux interior, DVD, rear airbags (thanks for THAT gem!) and longer Factory warranty of the '03.

Thanks for bearing with me while I sort this out....! :typing:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.