BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm just compiling a list together to see what are some parts/mods you wish were more affordable?
I vote for after market exhausts. How hard is to fabricate steel? These things are way over priced.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
519 Posts
As for a supercar, it’s fairly inexpensive to maintain and modify. funny everything is expensive on these cars, except the car itself. Sad face:(

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vanos solenoids
oils
brakes
engine
electronics
3d printers (to make parts that aren't made any more)
What kind of electronics?
Engine might be hard to get cheaper.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for a supercar, it’s fairly inexpensive to maintain and modify. funny everything is expensive on these cars, except the car itself. Sad face:(
So true. Everything but the car itself is expensive these days.

·
Registered
170 Posts
So true. Everything but the car itself is expensive these days.

+1
I would say the carbon air intakes plenum carbon these things are soooo over priced
Also the new headlights f10 mod they look

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
The exhaust definitely. Price went up as the car depreciates rapidly. Really wish I can justify a new section 3 Dinan exhaust but for the price of a rod bearings service with ARP studs, I passed. Instead I had one fabricated with a pair of magnaflows with equal diameter sections.. couldnt have been happier.. Another thing would be the freakin dual mass flywheel for 6 speed manual - price is rising as well. A couple of more things - I wish intercooled supercharger kits and BBK's were a little more affordable.. for an old car you would think.. oh well..

·
Registered
985 Posts
The price of the car has nothing to do with manufacturing brand new parts for it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't find them Instagram search m5 cya he is getting them done from a company in uk but I'm contemplating at spending £1350 on lights

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Post a picture if you can. Don't seem to understand this f10 light mod.
Thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Other members on this board have done amazing things for this community and saved us a lot of money. The Vanos solenoid that's being sold is a great example.

I'm also offering Fully Rebuilt Throttle Actuators with a life time warranty. You can check the for sale section for that.

Fast attack motorsports is another example of offering services for a fraction of the cost of new OEM parts that are just scams.

I think someone should jump on fabbing some quality exhausts for this community at an affordable price. Of course without compromising on quality. Same style as the famous name brands. But just not marked up so high so they can make a big Chuck of profit while we have to sell an arm and a leg for a decent aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Other members on this board have done amazing things for this community and saved us a lot of money. The Vanos solenoid that's being sold is a great example.

I'm also offering Fully Rebuilt Throttle Actuators with a life time warranty. You can check the for sale section for that.

Fast attack motorsports is another example of offering services for a fraction of the cost of new OEM parts that are just scams.

I think someone should jump on fabbing some quality exhausts for this community at an affordable price. Of course without compromising on quality. Same style as the famous name brands. But just not marked up so high so they can make a big Chuck of profit while we have to sell an arm and a leg for a decent aftermarket exhaust.

I’m working on it just finished a couple of exhaust systems for projects need time for the beast

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m working on it just finished a couple of exhaust systems for projects need time for the beast
Nice! Just sent you a PM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts