BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am switching to the Euro headlamps and was wondering what I should ask for my 2001 headlights?

I was hoping that some of you who have recently sold theirs could chime in to give me a value.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I sold my pair out of a 03 for $600.00.
I had the clear film put on them when brand new, so the condition were perfect.
I did not include the balasts as part of the sale.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Got Pics?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sent You A PM.

·
Registered
25 Posts
madyspop said:
I am switching to the Euro headlamps and was wondering what I should ask for my 2001 headlights?

I was hoping that some of you who have recently sold theirs could chime in to give me a value.
are they angel eyes? self leveling? xenon?

what's your asking price? i have a 2000 M5 so i'm looking to upgrade myself to the hella angel eyes.

·
Registered
754 Posts
No, Sorry.
I listed them on the For Slae section of this Board.
A member off the east cast snatched them up quickly.
There will be a market for them if they are Xenon. If not, you may not get too much for them.
Everybody wants the Xenons these days.
Regards,

Ohmess said:
Got Pics?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If I remember correctly there were several sets sold on this board for around 450 to 500. I think.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Tim W said:
If I remember correctly there were several sets sold on this board for around 450 to 500. I think.
I have a set of used factory stock headlights (angel eyes, xenon) from my 2001 M5 for sale. I bought the euro headlights with clear corners, so I no longer need the original set. Let me know if anyone is interested. I will sell for $460, and I will pay FedEx ground shipping and insurance to the Continental US.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Anyone know what year the angle eyes showed up in the 'stock' M5, or if they are in the standard 5 series,and if so, what models and years? I have access to many used sets of lights from various years... and would like to know which ones to buy.

I have a 2000 and am looking to convert it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
ok..but which 5 series ones came stock with angel eyes? every single one of the 10 different headlights I have seen in this listing is 2001 5 series or better. Also, it has new (NIB) ones (OE) for a 2001 540i series, for $590US, asking.
I'd share that-- but it wouldn't be much of a secret after that, would it? :). I'm not trying to be rude, but I'd like to get the stuff I need at low prices. I'd hate to loose availability cuz I can't keep my mouth shut. Average price for clear Xenons on this list is $300 each, so it ain't that great. But they do have the odd score of sutff one needs.

·
Registered
554 Posts
All 2001+ 5 series cars came with angel eyes. However, not all of them come with xenons. While the M5 came equipped with Xenons stock, the regular 5 series did not. Based on the price of the headlights your referring to (NIB 2001 540i series headlights for $590), the reason why it seems so cheap is because the headlights are halogen and not xenon.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Ah, nope. They specifically mentioned xenon in this listing. This is -one- headlight assembly, btw. Used/mint ones average $300.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If they are still for sale, I'll buy them.
Mike Phillips
919-812-8188

Ronin M5 said:
I have a set of used factory stock headlights (angel eyes, xenon) from my 2001 M5 for sale. I bought the euro headlights with clear corners, so I no longer need the original set. Let me know if anyone is interested. I will sell for $460, and I will pay FedEx ground shipping and insurance to the Continental US.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Petey Pop said:
Are the headlights hella?
These are all authentic BMW parts in this listing.

Apparently (from the response I am getting) the major portion of this forum is unaware of this particular listing.. might be wise to keep it that way.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
oh. I just noticed. these are all clears too. wow. I see this also generates huge interest... Which is why it's so secret! :) I can't afford to buy clears right now, and I'm not much of a cosmetics guy. I just want my car to look fine/clean....and go like stink. I just senibly reserve the right to keep this resource to myself, and hopefully don't come of as some sort of *** for doing so.

As the man in the film said, "forget everything you just heard, and go back to sleep".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts