BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to the office this fine Monday morning (Columbus Day), without anyone else on the roadway and enjoying the drive, the car started to shake oddly as I came to an idle stop. I pulled over and turned off the engine for a minute and then restarted the car. At that point, the "service engine soon" light came on. Great,...so I went to check the gas cap to see if it's loose and nothing. I called the dealer and they told me to bring it immediately.

After getting to the dealer, the took the car in for diagnostic and came back with the O2 sensor is faulty and the cylinders 5-8 is misfiring. They gave me a rental car (Mercury Sable through Enterprise) and will call me later on a status. Well I just found out that the VANOS needs to replaced.

·
Registered
341 Posts
///Milien said:
On the way to the office this fine Monday morning (Columbus Day), without anyone else on the roadway and enjoying the drive, the car started to shake oddly as I came to an idle stop. I pulled over and turned off the engine for a minute and then restarted the car. At that point, the "service engine soon" light came on. Great,...so I went to check the gas cap to see if it's loose and nothing. I called the dealer and they told me to bring it immediately.

After getting to the dealer, the took the car in for diagnostic and came back with the O2 sensor is faulty and the cylinders 5-8 is misfiring. They gave me a rental car (Mercury Sable through Enterprise) and will call me later on a status. Well I just found out that the VANOS needs to replaced.
Sorry to hear that... :crying2: Is the car covered under warranty for the
VANOS?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You better believe it is. I guess that is the saving grace right? CPO and still under warranty.

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
///Milien said:
You better believe it is. I guess that is the saving grace right? CPO and still under warranty.

Is this a 2000 model?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am at ~27,000 miles.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Why does it matter if you have CPO and extended warranty?

Wouldn't that be covered under the regular warranty anyways?

Anyways, sorry to hear about this :( Hope everything works out and your car is soon back to perfect

1 - 10 of 10 Posts