BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With my car almost finished, Bill has made a few contacts to get some air shipping cost for the M5. Here is what he recieved from company X!

DEAR BILL,

PER OUR CONVERSATION CHARGES ARE AS FOLLOW:

AIRFREIGHT CHARGE $28314.00
FUEL $2002.00
SECURITY $858.00
DG HANDLING AIRLINE $185.00
TED RAUSCH HANDLING $150.00
----------

TOTAL $31509.00

PLUS AROUND MAY BE $150.00 LAX CUSTOM CHARGES. I DON'T KNOW THE EXACT
AMOUNT
YET.

I WILL CALL YOU WHEN I HAVE THE KNEW 2005 DG FORMS.

BEST REGARDS,
MARY

And then claim she will only recieve a $150 commission!!! What balooney ! Who do they think they are quoting us with such an outragous price. Bill said he could probably rent a plane for that price. Its funny cuz he confronted her with the price that was paid for it when it was originally shipped by air to the US (which was $12,433) she said stupidly the car is going to the Middle East isnt it ? Dah yeah.. What was that supposed to mean ? That we are millionaires or something ? Man there are some people in this part of the World that beg on the street. Some struggle to put food on the table and this ***** thinks she can rip us off ? Who do they think they are ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's bull**** Man !!:nono: I can't beleive they would try to pull a stunt like that.. Especially after all the money you have spent upgrading it..I was thinking of taking my M5 back with me to California but someone told me it would cost about $15,000 just to make it legal to register there.. I hope you get this issue resolved promptly.. hmmm

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thats totally Ridiculous....

You may be the King of Bahrain - but this is taking the peee!!

Have you contacted any international/Arab airlines?

I know of airlines charging fingures more in line with what FART paid - ie in range of $2000 -3000. not 20 frickin 8 K

Try GULF AIR as they have base in Bahrain... a cheaper option would be fly over, drive it to a main city, and book it in as cargo on same flight back!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Ridiculous :grrrrr:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bayerischemotor,

Of course shipping by sea would be option #2 and it wouldnt take more than 6 weeks for about 1,000 - 1,500 dollars. But you dont blame me trying to get her in 1 week after what i have been through and can barely wait to put my hands on her :M5thumbs:

Whizzkid11,

Well we are trying hard these days to see what we can do before a decision is made on how it will be shipped back. Gulf air doesnt fly to the US (they used to fly NY) so trying to get a price from them would mean they will look for a partner inorder to complete the shipment. Im trying to Cathy pacific and they will get abck to me... Lets see what happens, if not then sea it will be and 6 LONG NAILING biting weeks :crying:

Read on

Bill ,
I am puzzled, because $12433.00 /5720kg=$2.17
it means they have paid $2.17 per kg for airfreight and fuel and security??????

I talked to Lufthansa in Los Angeles and they explained because shipping a car needs special handling and it's DG (hazardous) shipment it has different rate than General TD PRO shipments.

DG shipment rate is never as low as general cargo.

They are charging $4.95 per kg for Airfreight and $.035 Fuel and $0.15
for security and this is the going rate. they said they may give me $.05 or $0.10 less but not more. because I work with Lufthansa all the time).

Lufthansa asked me if we can give them the name of the person in
Bahrain's Lufthansa office who gave them the above rate, it helps them to find out why rate was so low when it came to US.

My contact at Lufthansa is Eric and his e-mail address is

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lufthansa in Bahrain can contact him.

Hope this explains the rate.

any question please call me.

Best Regards,
Mary

·
Registered
767 Posts
Black M5 said:
Man there are some people in this part of the World that beg on the street. Some struggle to put food on the table and this ***** thinks she can rip us off ? Who do they think they are ?
And then there are some who ship their car to the U.S., spend a large amount of money (for a second time!) to make their expensive car go faster, want to ship it back by AIR because they can't wait to play with their new toy, and then compare the situation to beggers. Go figure!

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
Black M5 said:
I am puzzled, because $12433.00 /5720kg=$2.17
it means they have paid $2.17 per kg for airfreight and fuel and security??????
There's your problem - she took the weight of the M5 as being 5720kg - instead of around 1700kg.

If you take her price of $5.45/kg, it works out to around $9750 including handling fees.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
kees said:
There's your problem - she took the weight of the M5 as being 5720kg - instead of around 1700kg.

If you take her price of $5.45/kg, it works out to around $9750 including handling fees.
Keen eye, kees!:cheers:

·
Registered
616 Posts
kees said:

Dopey is probably allowing for the weight of a complete container!!!! ouich

I have used PIA for shipping in the past - and know they fly to NYC, WAS, YYC as well as Bahrain and middle east - their cargo rates were the cheapest going at the time...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Philip said:
And then there are some who ship their car to the U.S., spend a large amount of money (for a second time!) to make their expensive car go faster, want to ship it back by AIR because they can't wait to play with their new toy, and then compare the situation to beggers. Go figure!
Go read carefully before you reply! The point was that this stupid woman thinks she can rip off the owner of the car just becuse he is from the Middle East thinking everyone from this region are millionaires! Thats why i said there are people who beg on the road which proves what she and many think is not true. There are millionaires and billionaires over here and on the other hand there are beggers. I hope you get it now..

kees,
Thanks.. i will get on top things.. if not then sea it will be cuz im no dumb bimbo to pay outragous prices even if i can afford it :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Black M5, I'm an Air Traffic Controller in Dubai, there are tonnes of Cargo options thru Dubai, then maybe a drive from here (long and thru Saudi, not sure how easy that is) or maybe change carriers/have car flatbedded from here?

Just a couple of other options maybe, best of luck!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Black M5 said:
Go read carefully before you reply! The point was that this stupid woman thinks she can rip off the owner of the car just becuse he is from the Middle East thinking everyone from this region are millionaires! Thats why i said there are people who beg on the road which proves what she and many think is not true. There are millionaires and billionaires over here and on the other hand there are beggers. I hope you get it now..

kees,
Thanks.. i will get on top things.. if not then sea it will be cuz im no dumb bimbo to pay outragous prices even if i can afford it :M5thumbs:
Think carefully before you post. You expect to be quoted a lower price because "there are beggers in your country". And now the women is judged to be Stupid by you, the man who doesn't like to be prejudged himself.

"im no dumb bimbo to pay outragous prices even if i can afford it". Humm..

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Wow, I slipped a decimal point at first and was wondering what was wrong with $3150.90 for shipping to you. Oh wait, that is 10% of the cost :eek: :eek:
Best wishes resolving all of that, but with the magic that resides at D/A I think a happy ending can come about.
Phillip- Even people with healthy financial means hate being screwed. Easy on Abdulla, he has seen enough trials with that car. He is not saying that lower my price because there are beggars in his country, rather he is saying that not everyone in the world can throw money around like it belongs to someone else. Have some tact man.
ttboyvanc said:
...I'm an Air Traffic Controller in Dubai...
:thumbsup: I deal with ATC from the other side (the idiot pilots who raise bloodpressure, although I try to keep myself out of trouble), and even though I doubt I'll ever talk to you on the radio, thanks for all the help you do for pilots! Sometimes we seem to forget our brains, so any chance I have to thank anyone from ATC I am compelled to.
:cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts