BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I would like to send out my personal warm "THANK YOU" to shadowman for downloading my new software onto my DME! I would also like to personally thank all the guys... Wayne, Joel and others at PC for all their assistance in getting me through all my worries, without them, i would have probably sold the beast ages ago!

I have been experiencing a problem for a while now, and even the stealer hasnt been able to diagnose it! My car cuts off, lossses power when driving it, whether flooring it, or just cruising.... the car goes crazy and starts jittering and running rought. First, they blamed the ECU, they flashed it and still the same problem. Then they cleaned my MAF's, still the same problem!!!! They blamed my IATS kit, they removed and still the same problem!!!!

But now, since Shadowman was intown, he had a look at it and identified that it was probably the MAF's, or atleast one of them! So here;s the mystery!!!!

I disconnect the driver side MAF and run only on one MAF, car runs fine!!!! I disconnect the passenger side MAF and run with driver side MA only, the car runs fine!!!!!! But when i connect both MAF's, the car acts up again!!!!!! HA???????? :confused:

What does that tell you???? I have no idea! Any help? ??????

·
Registered
837 Posts
Shadowman gets around, watch for him in your neighborhood soon:) , Josh

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
please could he come to the uk next :D

ahmed, I think i read on the board here somewhere, that the maf reading is only taken from one maf sensor (even though the m5 has 2). But from your tests, it seems that the car still runs (infact even better) with just the one side connected (eitherside).

Are you able to try sourcing a set of new mafs, just to try both together at once??

did you get the check engine light, with just one maf runnning?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tin said:
please could he come to the uk next :D

ahmed, I think i read on the board here somewhere, that the maf reading is only taken from one maf sensor (even though the m5 has 2). But from your tests, it seems that the car still runs (infact even better) with just the one side connected (eitherside).

Are you able to try sourcing a set of new mafs, just to try both together at once??

did you get the check engine light, with just one maf runnning?
no lights, but what you recommended is exactly what i'm gonna do! The only thing is that i like to think steps ahead... what if the same problem persists with a differennt set of MAF's???

Then what?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ahmed..NEXT is an Electronic throtle something...I've just had mine repleaced...my mechanic did it for free...he is the nice guy and sort the problem for me...

BMW made a mistake and I've ordered wrong 280 EURO throtle cylinder 1 body...

So now, I have 1 throle body in my trunk and they fixed electric one for free, even installation was free and M5 is runing great...I have a good service manager...

M5 has 6 throtles...

Check the balance of your throtle bodies as well...

I am 100% positive this is your problem...BMW need to diagnose your throtles...but not many BMW services have Throtle balancing equipment...

But make sure to check the electronic part...of throtles 1st..

With MAFS, I've had same prob last year, removed 1, then 2, put 1 new, tested with mechnic while driving on computer on board connected to the system, so see how the engine opens UP, throltes do not open 100% until MAFS do not read correctly...

With NEW MAFS you Beast will run even better then with MAFS removed...You forgot the power of a real M5 :M5launch: :byebye: ....

When MAFS were faulty engine at 70% and after new MAFS 100% power and throles opening 100%...that what the computer showed...

Get New MAFS, if problem still presists then, check throthles...

Does you car go into "Falsesafe mode"???...If not then its MAFS and then throles problem...

Sometimes the car would run OK, sometimes NOT...

If MAFS repleaced and its still jerks then once again throtles...

M5 has lots of faults...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts