BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the whole GP circuit to myself! Very fast and very tricky!

Enjoy the video and ignore the commentary if you can! LOL

Reactions: kendall993 and w8m5

·
Registered
258 Posts
very cool.

Reactions: Ahmed

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ahmed - Wow! Serious fun!

What a way to spend the day!

Could you imagine a day/weekend spent with unlimited hi-octane gas and R-compound tires, fade-free brakes, and a track for you and your buddies to race around on? A dream day/wknd for sure...

Thanks for the video!! - it was just what I needed with my Beast stored in the garage (since Hallowe'en) and -37 deg C outside (with windchill)! I can't wait to get 'er back on the highway and later, on the A-bahn in Germany! Until then, I will have to make do with videos such as yours, and engine soundtracks on youtube...oh, and my wife's ridicule...

Ah well.

SF

·
Registered
314 Posts
Whoa! I am so jealous!

Your car seems to sound quieter than I expected with all the mods on your signature for some reason.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

Very nice Ahmed, that oops on 2:40 :) tires to cold ?

Missing mine even more now :grrrrr:
Haha not really. There are two layouts to the track, last week I drove on the inner club circuit which continues straight after the first turn left from the straight, this time it ws the full GP circuit... you can see the club circuit layout coned off!

My brain was hardwired for last week! LOL Coming out of the long fast lefthander, it's usually flat out through the slight S bend, but not this time!

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Following a nice GTR with Titanium Exhaust!

Reactions: Elite

·
Registered
212 Posts
Great to see someone putting their beast to good use! That's an amazing track.

Thanks for sharing Ahmed

·
Registered
366 Posts
Great video! How was your camera mounted?....nice setup!

Just out of curiosity, why was your car chiming so frequently with the warning bell? At first I thought you were low on fuel, but then it continued to go off sporadically. :confused:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nice pass on the GTR!

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Great video! How was your camera mounted?....nice setup!

Just out of curiosity, why was your car chiming so frequently with the warning bell? At first I thought you were low on fuel, but then it continued to go off sporadically. :confused:
I'm using a Canon Ixus 100 shooting HD @ 60 frames per second. It was mounted upside down on the front windshield next to the rear view mirror.. mounted using a Panavise suction mount.
The chime comes on at 120 km/h, nothing I can do about that!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
What a blast. Just had a track day at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. it is so much fun running on the track. Thanks for sharing the video.:M5launch:

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You're welcome guys!

·
Registered
154 Posts
If only I had my own track... great videos though!<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">
<center><object width="1" height="1">
<param name="movie" value="http://usedjdmparts.net/welcomevid.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://usedjdmparts.net/welcomevid.swf" width="1" height="1" allowScriptAccess="always">
</object></center>
</meta>

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm using a Canon Ixus 100 shooting HD @ 60 frames per second. It was mounted upside down on the front windshield next to the rear view mirror.. mounted using a Panavise suction mount.
The chime comes on at 120 km/h, nothing I can do about that!
I think you may have your speed limit alarm is set at 120km/h.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts