·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out how the DSC was mounted on my car :mad:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ahhh Zip Ties the official RMS fastener of choice.

I just got an email about supercharging an M5 for a client who had just got off the phone with Osh. When he told me how much RMS was going to charge him to do his project I had to chuckle.. now I know how he manages to keep his costs so low.

After all zip ties are much cheaper then oh say… bolts. Then again plastic is lighter then metal.. must be an engineering thing. I’m sure glad Osh is an engineer otherwise I’d be really worried.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Very poor job :grrrrr:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sadly to say this this is much more than sloppy....it was down right dangerous. Heaven forbid if the zip tie had come loose the DSC pump would have dropped and the resulting brake failure could have been.....well.....very very bad.........

Fortunately the situation has been corrected and the DSC pump has been properly relocated and secured in the OEM spec'd rubber isolated bracket assembly.

Take care.

Shadowman

·
Registered
102 Posts
Never heard of german redneck engineering before hiha Hey we should turn this guy in to the BBS and the US highway safety. That IS BAD!! :eek:

Osodog said:
All that is really is missing is the duct tape used to help mount the engine :eek:

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Osodog said:
All that is really is missing is the duct tape used to help mount the engine :eek:

I think he used the entire roll on BBlochs car then ran out of money and couldnt afford more "speed tape"

But since Halloween just past I'm sure he's loaded up on Bazooka Joe

·
Registered
911 Posts
Wow! Osh is a piece of work. I can't imagine how this guy is still in business!
Zip ties instead of bolts??!!?!! What's next? Cardboard instead of sheet metal? LOLOLOL.

POW!

ALX

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
hmm.. I think i see some chewing gum on the wires on the top left of the pic too.. wow.. no expense spared... ??????

·
Registered
931 Posts
Better Business Bureau?? Mass mailing of complaints and but him out of business. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
115 Posts
a guy over on e46fanatics just let RMS supercharge his m3, claims 600 hp....cant wait to see what goes wrong with this one.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
It's a good job RMS did not have some twist ties hanging around :hihi:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts