BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would throw a few pics up of what my daily driver looked like after the recent bad weather here in N Texas. I know we all love our cars, and I particularly love mine, but part of that love results from the fact that I drive her everywhere. In anything.

So, here are some before shots (and don't worry, there are some after shots as well)

img_2152.jpg

img_2153.jpg

img_2157.jpg

img_2156.jpg

As promised, the after shots. I cleaned her up after giving her a much needed oil service. By the way, I can't say enough good things about my Mityvac fluid extractor. Man, that thing works wonders for oil changes. Best gift I've given myself lately.

I don't know if it's this car, or the people that I've met on m5board (although I think it's the people) but I've never felt this way about a car before. I've had other cars, been on other car forums, but it's never been like this. I've never felt the need to share pictures of a dirty car. But what the hell.

I hope you enjoyed it.

img_2158.jpg

img_2161.jpg

img_2162.jpg

img_2165.jpg

·
Registered
931 Posts
She's a real beauty:goldcup:

Reactions: Mike S.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice pics.

May be the angle of the photo but are those kidney grills black chrome? If so where did you find them?
Thanks. Yes, the kidneys are shadow chrome. You can get them from Schmiedmann. There's a link in my signature to them.

Reactions: OptimusPrimeM5

·
Registered
35 Posts
I enjoy seeing cars that are driven.

I like a pristine shiny car just as much as the next guy, but seeing an enthusiast car with a blasted front end and chewed up tires makes me think "hell yeah, this guy has a badass car AND he drives the hell out of it".

·
Registered
797 Posts
My sympathies, congratulations, and understanding... I was the taxi as no one else was willing to drive in the stuff. I work nights at Harris Methodist and wife works days there. Daughter is in high school. Monday after the Super Bowl a coworker walked in and told me she saw a gray M5 in the parking lot. I thought that was cool at first, then I realized she was making fun of my car. Imagine all that road debris on a jet black beast. I had to wash the car after that, but it was only clean for one day then the second wave came through.

Today... I washed three times before I was sure I had removed all the sand and grime. Had the car all glossy and sparkling when I pulled back into the garage. As I climbed out of the beast I looked out at the sunset and noticed a fine dust settling down onto the roof.

:bawling:

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Mike those before shots look an awful lot like my car right now! I've been neglectful with the washes - of course it's also been a bit cold out for car washing. It'll happen.

I'll be in Dallas the first week in March. (1st till the 6th) If you're around I think I owe you dinner for making you wait around on me the last time.. :sad2:

:cheers: - Tim

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike those before shots look an awful lot like my car right now! I've been neglectful with the washes - of course it's also been a bit cold out for car washing. It'll happen.

I'll be in Dallas the first week in March. (1st till the 6th) If you're around I think I owe you dinner for making you wait around on me the last time.. :sad2:

:cheers: - Tim
Hi Tim - I should be around. Just give me a shout and we can get together. Be good to see you again.

Ahh you ruined it. I like the flat matte look.
Oddly enough, I had matte black kidneys on there before. I still have them in the garage. I liked the look, too, but when I saw these, they just sang to me. Ask Raikuu, he'll tell you.

My sympathies, congratulations, and understanding... I was the taxi as no one else was willing to drive in the stuff. I work nights at Harris Methodist and wife works days there. Daughter is in high school. Monday after the Super Bowl a coworker walked in and told me she saw a gray M5 in the parking lot. I thought that was cool at first, then I realized she was making fun of my car. Imagine all that road debris on a jet black beast. I had to wash the car after that, but it was only clean for one day then the second wave came through.

Today... I washed three times before I was sure I had removed all the sand and grime. Had the car all glossy and sparkling when I pulled back into the garage. As I climbed out of the beast I looked out at the sunset and noticed a fine dust settling down onto the roof.

:bawling:
I guess I didn't realize we had another DFWer in the area. It has been a real mess around here, for sure. If you ever feel like gathering and talking cars, PM me. We have a good group around here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didn't wash mine for about three weeks in January when we actually had some snow here in Atlanta; I love the look of a clean car but theres something cool about a dirty, grimy, driven looking car as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It looks like my car does, with all the snow/ice filth from last week....I still have not washed it:(

Great looking e39! I hope to see it shinning in traffic one day!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I'll hit you up for sure Mike! You can try out the Z06 if you like =)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll hit you up for sure Mike! You can try out the Z06 if you like =)
Oh, I think I would like that very much. Just let me know when you're in town. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's nothing , should have seen my e39 after driving 500 miles in New England last week. Looked like a large salt lick for cows. Good thing i'm only into this car for 2k or it would not be getting salt duty.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I spent some time polishing the exhaust tips on my same magnaflow mufflers last weekend, your car is practically a ringer for mine. I use mine as a DD as well it can be challenging to keep it as pristine as I like....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts