BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Despite what you expect ( pictures of the steering wheel installed ), I will disappoint you.

Let me first tell you how I feel.

Try to imagine that you have a date with Naomi, date is going fine, you end up to her house, you go to bed and you find out that....

it is one of those days.

So I went to the dealer yesterday to install the wheel. Everything is going fine, old steering wheel removed, paddles fitted to the new one,

I am thinking of Naomi in bed, ....................

THE TECHNICIAN SHOUTS. ELECTRONICS ARE DIFFERENT.

Earth is moving under my feet, I am feeling dizzy, F*CK.

Seriously now. My original steering wheel has an electronic unit seated under the Y-trim with 6 cables. This unit is removable

and should be transferred to the new wheel.

The new wheel, instead of having an empty hole. ready to accept the electronic unit, has a FIXED "thing", with three cables coming

out of it.

Wrong wheel.

Panic. E-mails, phone calls....

NO RESULT.

So here is where I stand. I have paid up to now 2300$ ( including core deposit ) and I have a useless wheel.

DCT Motorsports does not know what has happened.

They have offered me two options.

1) Return the wheel and get a full refund.

2) Wait another two months for a correct one to be manufactured.

Every advice and opinion is welcome.

Also if someone has experienced something similar PLEASE tell me.

George

·
Registered
705 Posts
George, you already paid for dinner and a movie so you may as well wait for the payoff! Wait for it......

Reactions: vodka g

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
George, great analogy!! I think that you should wait for it. It's too beautiful to give up on at this point. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
550 Posts
REFUND, and spend it wisely. I must say I have got a smilar steering (possibly the same) but its installed and working fine.I dont where its sourced from as the previous owner did the mod.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Try to imagine that you have a date with Naomi, date is going fine, you end up to her house, you go to bed and you find out that....
...that "she" is a transvestite?

George, I think you should go ahead and wait for the replacement. Then in a couple months you will be happy. Time goes by quick.

Reactions: whatheheck

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
8,369 Posts
Sorry to hear that George.

I guess if they can tell you for sure a new steering wheel will be ready in 2 months - then perhaps its worth the wait.

Like other's said - they may be some other options available out there ready for purchase.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am going after this mod as well. So is there any more reliable options that I can persue ? Any advice?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey George,

I understood this wheel only works for LCI variant (with start button)?
I was looking myself for such kind of wheel, and got info that it would not fit 2005(eu) variant.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If anyone is still looking or considering this beautifull wheel I have one that is like new for sale.
Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can understand how frustrating that must have been :(

I think if that is the wheel you really want, it's worth waiting for. If you "settle" for something different you may yourself still wanting it in 2 months anyway....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts