·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the track I took three runs with the M5 and here were the results:
1st Run: 13.5 @ 107 MPH
2nd Run: 13.4 @ 107.5 MPH
3rd RUN: 13.3 @ 106 MPH

The track conditions were fairly slippery so I am pleased with the times that I got. The car was fairly easy to launch at about 1200 RPM and slowly feeding out the clutch. The car has a lot of axle hop (especially during burnouts).

As for the Dyno run, I had to unplug fuses 13 and 20 in order to rev the car to the redline in 4th gear. I also tried a run in 5th gear and took it up to the 155 MPH speed limiter. The best results were: 345 HP @ 6200 RPM and 340 ft-lbs Torque at 4800 RPM. If anyone would like a copy of the dyno run email me at [email protected] I will be scanning the run later tonight. Just thought everyone would be interested to know how the car did.

Rob C

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Those are some serious numbers for rwh and torque. Obviously, if Ford does by BMW, Ford could learn about truth in advertising (e.g. Ford Cobra's hp deficit).

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
grammar correction "..does buy BMW", not "by". Man, the internet has made me sloppy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Assuming a 15% loss to the wheels, which is conservative, that equates to 406 HP and 400 ft-lbs of torque. Very impressive. At 18% loss that equates to 421 HP and 415 ft-lbs of torque. Awesome numbers. I assume you have provided adjusted numbers for temperature. This corresponds to John Hennessey's test results. Obviously, BMW is conservative in their ratings.

Good quarter mile runs also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did forget to mention that those numbers are corrected for temperature & altitude.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts