·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
So you are getting 2,000hp Alpha Omega GT-R next car :thumbsup:

IMHO, going from M5 to GT-R is a downgrade. GT-R is a crude machine built for one purpose only. For everyday car GT-R novelty will wear off real quick but what do i know.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
So you are getting 2,000hp Alpha Omega GT-R next car :thumbsup:

IMHO, going from M5 to GT-R is a downgrade. GT-R is a crude machine built for one purpose only. For everyday car GT-R novelty will wear off real quick but what do i know.
I agree the car hs no excitement as it's all computer aided control.

Funny as I am actually looking at Lambos as an addition to my stable.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Computer controlled or not, my heart would probably race at 180bpm accelerating that fast.

How much do you think it costs to put together that 2000hp GTR? $200k on top of the price of the car?

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's a 2000 hp 3.8L V6 monster! I'd love to own one, but are so many of them here in Chicago area. The last car meet we had in September, about 20 of them showed up and parked together.

·
Registered
362 Posts
We DO have an off topic section....

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I agree the car hs no excitement as it's all computer aided control.

Funny as I am actually looking at Lambos as an addition to my stable.
Yeah you've been eying a Gallardo for a while.

I am more of a fan of the Superleggera and the likes, base 05 Gallardo is just not enough grunt next to the M5, especially supercharged in your case. But now that the next gen is out, even those 05 models should drop in price even more.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Yeah you've been eying a Gallardo for a while.

I am more of a fan of the Superleggera and the likes, base 05 Gallardo is just not enough grunt next to the M5, especially supercharged in your case. But now that the next gen is out, even those 05 models should drop in price even more.
I just want one so I can drive it to work now and then.....not going to mod it at all hiha

·
Registered
422 Posts
A GT-R in any form is a beast, my full bolt on E-85 monster had stunning acceleration that was matched by only a few cars that cost double and sometimes triple the cost of a GT-R. Regarding the nanny controls, not an issue on the track where this car excels! Most minds can't comprehend how fast this car enters corners, your mind tells you to brake when it's not necessary. The M5 is a more practical vehicle if you have to choose only one depending on the person. I love both in my own way, I do miss the outright raw and brutal acceleration it offers, but it's not always about speed. The E60 M5 IMO gives you the best of both worlds without any compromise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts