BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
and bought a 2002 imola red m5.

Just to give a little introduction... The bmws i have previously owned are a 1985 e24 m635csi & 1987 e30 325 and currently own a 91 e30 m3 along with this 2002 e39 m5. I have to say that I have had the car for 2 days and can't get out of it and when I do I can not wait to get back in. The car is just solid. I am the second owner and the car was def taken care of. Just turned 60,000 but looks like it was driven off the showroom floor. The car is fully loaded, but has the mk3 nav computer :crying2: which won't last long since i will be picking up the mk4 shortly. Here are some pics from the rainy weekend.

and a little change from the woodgrain ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Interesting how the red looks different in the pictures. I like how you found a blue on in the wild. Did you change all the trim, or just that one piece?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Congratulations and great introductory pictures.:cheers:

·
Registered
49 Posts
The blue car is mine :)

The first trim photo shows the original wood trim with the newly done flat black trim. We did the rest of the trim pieces after that photo was taken. It came out great!

Chris

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Congrats on the car!:cheers:

Very smart looking car that; you don't see many in red, but I think it looks good; especially with the matching seats.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Congrats!

Did you pick-up the car from Otto's BMW @ West Chester?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Very nice, congrats! :)

Michael

·
Registered
510 Posts
Great car and awesome color combo with the red inserts on the interior!! Welcome aboard!

Did you paint the flat black trim yourself or buy it that way, and where did you get it from?

SP

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
The first trim photo shows the original wood trim with the newly done flat black trim. We did the rest of the trim pieces after that photo was taken. It came out great!

Chris
Good move. Wood trim does not belong in an IR w/ red interior.

Looks great!
:cheers:
Dave

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would say that yours is the twin to my M5, but I don't have the park distance option, and I have brushed metal trim with my red/black interior.
I agree that the black trim looks much more appropriate than the wood.

Cheers!:cheers:

Al. Wise

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the comments. the car is great and in the rain it is a bit more lets say... fun. :1zhelp: :7:

We did all the trim that day. took less than an hour to take out and minutes to put back in. if anyone would like their trim done contact chrisaka on here.

I did not pick up the car from Otto's BMW, but that is where the previous original owner bought it from.

Also anyone want a mk3 navi computer for cheap?

1 - 20 of 144 Posts