BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just spoke to my dad about the m6 and asked him if we could go order it... With a straight answer NO. I asked why, and he said the lease has to expire on my m3...

Unfortunately Im only 17... so i cant afford to pay it off then give in... i can support the m6 payments but i dont have the cash to pay the m3 off...

Even though I wont be getting it ill just stay on the board and see whats up.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Well we should all be as unlucky as you dude.

Have you thought about getting a 135i? They are sick and can be modded to be very, very fast. BMW also have a whole parts catalogue of stuff for it from Recaro seats to Carbon fiber intakes, rear diffs and more.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well personally i dont really like the 135i especially the read end.... if anything to change im just gonna prob mod the M3 a bit... i love the m6 so much im on the board everyday pretty much and my dad gets mad at me sometimes... hes like your upsessed with the car... and i truely am... oh well as soon as i get it and he drives it so well he

·
Registered
53 Posts
Okay, now I'm 19 and have an M6, but at 16 i couldn't imagine having such a car. That would be too fun... to the point it would feel wrong (in a good way). If you really want to get rid of the car, set up a donation site:7:. Nothing is fun when you have to use your parents credit... "Can I use your credit for..." "NO". LOL. Wait a while.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will wait... i have no choice... are u paying for ur own m6 or is one of ur parents.... im gonna have mine like right before i turn 19.... something like that i hope

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and cosmos do u think they will come with the new body style in like 2 and a half years from now??? i really like the body design now i mean it looks absolutely stunning!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I think the 2009 M6, will have an upgraded engine. So stay tuned, at 17 you should'nt have an M6, stick to the M3 for awhile, thats all you really need at that age anyways. and you really dont want to be driving an M6, knowing that your dad pays for it. not worth it. im 22, ive had the M6 since it first released. i was upgrading from a 650i so it was an easy transition. think about other varients.

·
Registered
651 Posts
maybe get the E92 M3, so its not a DRASTIK CHANGE. going from an M3 to an M6 is a big change. its a whole different animal. it shouldnt be put at the hands of a person with little or no driving experience. read posts on ocala florida, about 5 young men who were 18-20 that all died, in an m5. maybe it will make you think twice.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
waiting is fine dont worry, ive been on this board for the past year reading and talking about the cars and learning about them as well, great experience, and now in less tha n a month I will be picking up my M6 = ]

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i dont think I'll get the e92 I love it but I'll stick with the e46

If the 2009 has an engine upgrade anyone know what it will be?? And thanks cosmos for the info and everyone who replied

Oh and I saw that post bout the people who died...

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm not 100% sure they will tweak the engine out, but i think it might be the next step after the refreshment it got this 2008. have you not seen the M3 in person? im thinking of trading my 335i convert, for it when it releases, or i might just wait for the convert version to drop, its a real good looking car, way better than the old style M3 in my opinion, that carbon fiber roof gives it that M6 look. you can learn alot by reading lifestyle, but its a different thing with driving it and reading on it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
17, 18, 19, 22..... sheesh! I don't know precisely at what age maturity kicks in as its different for each individual, but you all seem very young to me to be driving such cars.:wroom: I suppose I must seem very old to all of you.:7:

Perhaps we should institute some kind of "power-to-age" graded driver permit system whereby if you wish to purchase or drive a car that exceeds your permissible power-to-age threshold you can only get your "super HP licence" by having taken some required car control classes, some track time and had at least a year or two of reasonable street driving conduct. I also think the curve is bell-shaped and as we get older we should indeed take this kind of professional driving instruction and re-qualify. Relax, that won't happen.:1:

I spent years driving in the snows of Quebec learning the finer art of car control, drifting, throttle steering, etc. My kids who've grown up here in the southern US know none of this and I believe they are worse off. I plan to send them to some skid schools and track sessions. And no they don't and won't drive my 500HP cars (M6 and SL55).

Guys if you can pay for (or even ask your parents to pay for) some M school time for you (if you haven't already take the freebee that comes with the car) you should do this. Its a blast and you'll learn a ton. You can never have enough time spent on understanding and experiencing car control. It's a safe way to accelerate years of experience.

Don't ever assume that you won't make a mistake. Hell pushing the envelope is the only way to figure out the performance limits of the car, but you just don't want to be exploring the limits of adhesion for the first time at speeds you can't really feel on public roads.

Gosh I'm starting to sound like an old fart.:eek:

Be safe and THINK. None of us want to read another thread like the one about AmericanM5.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Man I am 30 and I am mentally struggling with dropping 100k+ of my hard earned coin towards a car. I could never ever fathom asking my parents to pay for my cars... they would slap me silly and tell me to go be a real man. Believe me my parents have spent their fair share of money on me and my sisters sending us all to private schools and amazing universities.... after that you live at home and under their rules until you can afford to move out. Need a car to use - the old Accord is in the drive way and the keys are in the drawer - bring it back home with a full tank for the next person.

My theory is that it takes a long time to earn enough money to own one of these special vehicles. Its the wait and struggle that makes it so much more enjoyable and worth it.

Hey just my idea on the whole thing. I plan to practice the same theory on my kids if and when I am blessed with them.

Nite

Joe

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I just spoke to my dad about the m6 and asked him if we could go order it... With a straight answer NO. I asked why, and he said the lease has to expire on my m3...

Unfortunately Im only 17... so i cant afford to pay it off then give in... i can support the m6 payments but i dont have the cash to pay the m3 off...

Even though I wont be getting it ill just stay on the board and see whats up.:cheers:
why don't you sell your M3 for the lease buyout, or put the M3 up on swapalease?
2 viable options to get out of the lease...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dude get whatever you want, life is short, as long as ur responsible then go for it! i did lol

·
Registered
991 Posts
Honestly if you're only 17 I would wait until you get out of college to get an M6 if you plan on going to a large school. Having a cool SUV was the best thing to have while I was in school because you didn't really have to worry where you parked it and you could do so much with it. I had a Gixxer in college to soothe my appetite for speed, I explained to my parents who are cosigning for the M6 I want to buy that my modded bike was way faster than any car and I never had one speeding ticket or accident on it - granted I never was caught speeding or wrecked while I was doing wheelies etc. I matured quite a bit the past five years and the speed bug isnt there so much as it was.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Man I am 30 and I am mentally struggling with dropping 100k+ of my hard earned coin towards a car. I could never ever fathom asking my parents to pay for my cars... they would slap me silly and tell me to go be a real man. Believe me my parents have spent their fair share of money on me and my sisters sending us all to private schools and amazing universities.... after that you live at home and under their rules until you can afford to move out. Need a car to use - the old Accord is in the drive way and the keys are in the drawer - bring it back home with a full tank for the next person.

My theory is that it takes a long time to earn enough money to own one of these special vehicles. Its the wait and struggle that makes it so much more enjoyable and worth it.

Hey just my idea on the whole thing. I plan to practice the same theory on my kids if and when I am blessed with them.

Nite

Joe
very respectable, i like what you wrote. but not everyone is the same. some like in my case, i chose to began working at 16, at an attorneys office that was connected to my dad's other office, i chose the route of waking up early to work, and sleep late working rather than partying. don't drink or smoke, party rarely, have a girlfriend who is in med school, im trying to do all i can at a young age, so i dont have to worry about it later. once your old you dont even want to do anything, so im going to bust my *** for now doing all i can to get what i want. :cheers: also, we learn how to become parents from our parents, but the only way to become better at parenting, is to learn from your parents mistakes, (if they had any flaws), and correct them, dont be so harsh when your blessed with kids haha no accords !! 3series sir !:dunno:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Why dont you put your m3 on lease trader or swap a lease?? have someone take over your car.......why the hell would you pay off the m3???

1 - 20 of 68 Posts