BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all

I'm posting this on behalf of my brother Andy, who dragged me on another 400 mile road trip last sunday to pick up an impulse ebay purchase, Shes a 1993 3.8 in black, with silver trim, extended leather on the dash, doors and centre console, totally stock apart from a pro audio install, the service history is exemplary, no expense spared and according to Andy drives better than the old Calypso Bomber :(

The car survived its trip back from Birkhampsted with no issues whatsover, our Mechanics given it a once over and touch wood so far a clean bill of health, apart from needing a good service, a few bushes and some ARB links.

The idea for the car was to be a fast road, track/ring car but unfortunatly it hasnt gone entirely to plan, as its in such good condition it would be sacrilage to do so, so its looking like andy is to sell one of the other cars (an immaculate neon green 318 convertible) and keep this one in its place.

He's taken me a few photos after a quick wash, (still needs properly detailing, internal and external) but has come up very well, theres a few body issues, front spiltters taken a hit, small patch of rust on the bootlid, and under one of the plastic sills, but our body mans a good un :) . sorry about the dark pictures.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Best regards

James & AndyH

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very nice ;-) I think I might have to get myself a sedan to go with the old touring one day.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice motor mate! I Still think two E34 M5's means you are certifiable but you know what you are getting yourself in to.

I might be in Huddersfield on the 5th Dec if you are around it would be nice to check her out. I had to re-read James post as I thought that you were going to sell bomber but I forgot about the little convertible.

Mine is running fantastic as usual, just 16mpg around town is poor and the MOT this year required me to replace all the suspension struts and replace all four tyres, needless to say it cost me over £1000 to put right and that was cheap! (no labour costs included as I didn't pay myself) I just need to replace the viscous fan clutch as it has Seized up (stuck on) but I dont have to correct spanner.:sad3: yet!:blink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts