BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All :byebye: I was watching a video recently where the Nav screen on what I think was a newer 3 series (dont really remember) showed the BMW logo upon entering and starting the vehicle.. I thought it looked pretty nice.. Is this available at all for the 00 M5 ? Also, You think I would be able to use any of the additional features from the Europe Nav CD in the UAE ? I currently have no NAV CD..:sad1:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Go to your dealer with a laptop and ask nicely, maybe they will let youcopy the newest cd for your area :). I am not sure if the logo is available on the older ones, but on the DVD based version it is. Just make sure to put your DVD nav computer in Euro Mode :)/ It gets rid of that stupid accept screen too. God help us all, that we might be smart enough to know not to read the nav computer while driving straight into a semi Truck... :eek: :noSMG:

atlantisvip said:
Hello All :byebye: I was watching a video recently where the Nav screen on what I think was a newer 3 series (dont really remember) showed the BMW logo upon entering and starting the vehicle.. I thought it looked pretty nice.. Is this available at all for the 00 M5 ? Also, You think I would be able to use any of the additional features from the Europe Nav CD in the UAE ? I currently have no NAV CD..:sad1:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip.. But I seriously doubt that I'll get anything for free here in Dubai.. I believe the NAV shuttle in the trunk accepts regular Cds only but I'll check..cherrsagai

·
Registered
83 Posts
flynhawaiian said:
Go to your dealer with a laptop and ask nicely, maybe they will let youcopy the newest cd for your area :). I am not sure if the logo is available on the older ones, but on the DVD based version it is. Just make sure to put your DVD nav computer in Euro Mode :)/ It gets rid of that stupid accept screen too. God help us all, that we might be smart enough to know not to read the nav computer while driving straight into a semi Truck... :eek: :noSMG:
How do you get rid of the opening screen? How do you put the DVD nav computer in Euro Mode? I would like to just see a blank screen or a screen with the initial BMW script on it. I have an 2002 M5. Thanks John

·
Registered
214 Posts
[ It gets rid of that stupid accept screen too. God help us all, that we might be smart enough to know not to read the nav computer while driving straight into a semi Truck... :eek: :noSMG:[/QUOTE]

How DO you do the switch?

KCD

·
Registered
102 Posts
There is a whole listing on the x5 board, or see the link below.

On my system, you upgrade to version 24 down grade to version 23 then upgrade again to version 24 and its done. No more accept screen. You lose the emergency part but gain traffic info (does nothing :( ). No more accept screen. Ohh you see yards rather than feet, which I like better anyways so no big deal :).

http://www.x5world.com/nav_accept.htm

kcdoyle said:
[ It gets rid of that stupid accept screen too. God help us all, that we might be smart enough to know not to read the nav computer while driving straight into a semi Truck... :eek: :noSMG:
How DO you do the switch?

KCD[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
92 Posts
atlantisvip said:
Or send me your address and I will send you a copy of the latest version.
Just tell me what countries you want :15:

·
Registered
3 Posts
thomasserwin said:
Or send me your address and I will send you a copy of the latest version.
Just tell me what countries you want :15:
i am in north carolina and i want the most updated disc that is out, does anyone know where i can get that, besides dealer

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
atlantisvip said:
Well ....So far... I"VE LEARNED NOTHING !! :confused2 :1:
It is a USA feature. We get a BMW logo and a "legal" Accept screen. Europe gets right to navigation. Don't complicate by trying to get the BMW logo. It is in the USA code. They should have an option to display this logo, just like they have an option to display the blank screen, but they don't. The BMW logo-on-entry was on all widescreen USA NAV -- at least from 2002 on.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I beleive there is a software upgrade that gets rid of the accept screen, or it could be that you haved to upgrade to the DVD unit? I seem to recall some way of getting rid of the accept screen, just not sure which one it is.

Travis

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a link above that shows this. Basically it puts the nav computer in euro mode. From Euro mode you get the BMW logo and then it goes straight into the nav map. This is how it should have been from the start no accept screen :). Well good luck. Very simple and easy.

M5Kid said:
I beleive there is a software upgrade that gets rid of the accept screen, or it could be that you haved to upgrade to the DVD unit? I seem to recall some way of getting rid of the accept screen, just not sure which one it is.

Travis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts