BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
the world can be such a cruel place to some people!

Welcome to the board Mr NSXer....i hope things turn up for the better :7:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Welcome to the board! Do you get to exercise the F1 car on the track at all?

·
Registered
151 Posts
welcome mate, is the F1 equiped with original engine, cosworth dfq or dfv or a Judd V10?
Tjeez ain't I curious :1:

·
Registered
15 Posts
BG said:
welcome mate, is the F1 equiped with original engine, cosworth dfq or dfv or a Judd V10?
Tjeez ain't I curious :1:
Thanks folks for the welcome.

The Benetton F1 is Schumacher's car, serial #191-B, used late in 1991, and the first few races in 1992. It has the original Cosworth HB motor (with a few added HP tweaks), and the car ran last in the Brian Redmond Challenge at Road America. Of the approximately 500 cars in attendance, it was the fastest, by far — within a few seconds on Montoya's track record in a modern CART car. I'm just an amateur who likes to have fun on the track with various cars. The Benetton F1's serious lap was accomplished by Earl Goddard, whose dad Fred is a good friend of mine, and rebuilt the car from the tub up. Earl is young, has titanium balls, and thinks he can shoot a blue flame three feet out of his ***!

The F1 car is also for sale (approx $175K depending on spares package), and yes, the acceleration will snap your head off...in any gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
680 Posts
Are you kidding me??!!! WOW! I think all car nuts would love just to go to an F1 race. They would kill to drive an F1 car. What they would do to actually own one I dont know. But you are one lucky man! NICE!

OT, very nice house as well. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
That's a very nice stable. I'd love to drive an F1 car myself one day.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Very nice! Welcome aboard :cheers:

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Is that one of the models that had the active suspensions? I think the rules were changed right after 92 or so that disallowed them.

'Rocket

·
Banned
386 Posts
Holy shiet!... nice cars!....
IM so jeleous, keep the car... thats a collectible item....

·
Registered
15 Posts
BostonRocket said:
Is that one of the models that had the active suspensions?
No. Schumacher liked his cars set up just like a go-kart -- stiff suspension, straight H pattern, no active anything! He often short-shifted, so wanted lots of control on his F1 car. Thus, it's a simple car to drive and maintain.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts