BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Gustav,

Before he corrects it himself, let me tell you that his car now has a turbo and he claims he is making around 1000hp.
He'll explain it as soon as he reads this post I guess.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi to everyone,

I have been so busy with all the projects, watching M5board but not joining, now I decided to join your forums.

The car that is seen on the mpegs made only 415 hp with the supercharger kit at 3,7 psi of boost pressure (racing against a Diablo, F360 and F355). This was back in 2000.

Nowadays the same M3 is Turbocharged. The details will be soon on our webpage. One year ago we were making 900 hp, http://www.da-motorsport.com/projeler/turbo_en.htm, we were using a smaller turbocharger and a smaller fuel system.

Today, we run at 40-44 psi of boost and make over 1000 hp. The M3 is no dyno queen where we run 40-44 psi on the Autobahn till 350 km/h. We push the complete car to the limits. Engine, transmission, final drive and brake system are all under stress and live happy under boost. I love to push the car into the outer limits.

What is under the hood?

Garrett Ball Bearing Turbocharger GT42/45
Custom made exhaust manifold
J.E forged pistons (DA specs)
Forged connecting rods
Schrick valve springs, heavy duty
Schrick upper titanium and lower retainers
Schrick 284 degree 11,9 mm lift cams
Adjustable cam gears
4 fuel pumps
1600 cc injectors
TSI engine management system
AP Racing 330-28 4 pot brake kit
BBS RXII 18" wheels
lots of other goodies....

Maximum engine speed is 8300 rpm. Pistons, connecting rods are lighter than the stock ones. The complete reciprocating and turning assemblies are balanced and blue printed. At 8000 rpm the 1000+ hp M3 screams so nice...

At 8,5:1 compression ratio the goal was to use 98 octane pump gas and run 40-44 psi of boost without problems. We did it. Reliability was the major concern and we achieved a reliable set up.

Last week a M3 owner from Jamaica visited me and my facilities to get the 720 hp supercharger kit. Another gentleman from Bahrein purchased the 520 hp M3 supercharger kit. We are being discovered. A twin turbo E39 M5 project is soon on the scene...Once you see the latest pictures and mpegs with other exotics you will know what I mean....

As my major business is poultry where I own one of the biggest poultry integrations in Turkey, I have been transferring financial resources from poultry into modification. Till today I have spent 500,000 Euro on tuning BMWs, Subaru Impreza Turbos and Mitsubishi Evos.

I had no intention to turn this thread into a "heavy modification" subject but as Gustav and Pride 355 welcomed and presented me I wanted to say hi. Thanx Gustav and Pride 355 forthe warm welcome.

As the supercharged and turbocharged M3s go very well, we have started to produce our own superharger and turbocharger kits. The latest project is a supercharged 720 hp M3 3,2L. It is under surgery right now. Pictures and details will be soon on my webpage along with the latest set up of the 1000+ hp Turbo M3.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My best wishes Turbo M3 and wish you full success

Welcome Turbo M3 on M5board.com :15:

nice to hear those scary hp numbers on your M3!!
cant wait to see those video clips :1:

again i wish you all the best

Wael
from Bahrain

Q) what M3 from bahrain you modified? the latest model E46 or the E36 model?

·
Registered
166 Posts
M roadster belongs to Hussein Al Nattei from Bahrein.

He has purchased "Schmiedt Technik" supercharger kit. The kit belongs to ASA.

The engine does not want to rev over 6000 rpm and the dyno showed less power than the original 321 hp. These were told me by Hussein.

We have used and tested the ASA supercharger kit for the M3/M Coupe. There are some areas that should be improved. ASA's non-M kits such as the ones for the E46 3,30ci or 5,40i are excellent.

Untill today we have tested almost 150 different compression ratio/boost combination on the S50B30-32 engines. For example: 11,3:1 compression ratio with 3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 psi of boost. 10,0:1 compression ratio with 7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23/24/25/26 psi of boost pressure.....

With 11,3:1 compression ratio 10 psi of boost pressure can be used with the following parts and kits:
- A serious fuel system consisting of fuel injectors, fuel pump, modified fuel lines, hand made fuel injector rail, and fuel pressure regulator.
- Engine management system: we will use TSI engine management system for Hussein's M Roadster. The system is capable of tuning the fuel and ignition maps. It is has a user friendly software where the owner can by himself tune the car.

- DA Motorsport kits have air to air intercoolers whereas Hussein had a air to water unit.

- Air fuel ratios must be optimum, he will get a wide band air fuel ratio meter that measures and datalogs the air fuel ratios. We will teach him how to modifiy the ignition and fuelling maps. Every car must be progarmmed individually to get the most power out of it and to have the maximum comfort for cruise. This means he either has to send the car to DA Motorsport or learn how to modifiy the maps. Mapping is not difficult, not easy but requires some time to get accustomed. We will teach Hussein mapping of ECUs. Takes a couple of hours to do it. This is like teaching someone how to catch a fish instead of giving the fish as a gift.

- Ignition system will be modified.

We will max out the current supercharger. And get the most out of it. This is going to be 430 hp due to the small capacity supercharger.

Once Hussein learns how to tune maps with the laptop and other stuff and max out the supercharger we will put in a very big supercharger to get 700 hp.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The 700 hp DA supercharger kit will have:

Big capacity supercharger
Heavy duty v -belt system
Different fuel system
Forged low compression J.E pistons
Forged connecting rods
Cylinder head work
Modified intake system
And Hussein's software:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Turbo M3, I have an S50B32 powered M3.
My car is in Argentina, and shipping you the car is not an option for now. Do you sell these in kit form, or do you always perform the modifications yourself? Which kits do you have that have already been tested, and how much do they cost approximately?
What experience do you have with the S50B32 going the normally aspirated route?
Thank you very much,
Raul

p.d.: I have been a fan of your highway runs against the 355/360/turbo/diablo for a while, and I speak for many of us when I say we want more of those videos! Your new setup should be interesting...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Silverstone400:

The movies that you saw were made when the M3 3,2L was supercharged and making only 415 hp at 3,7 psi of boost pressure.

We offer supercharger kits and turbocharger kits for the S50B32. These kits are shipped to customers in the form of a complete kit. Installation instructions, detailed instalaltion photos and software are within the kits. You need a mechanic who can install the kit. We have a very long installation instruction booklet. Nowadays, we are preparing 720 hp supercharger kits for Jameica, Bahrein and England.
Every single detail, every little part such as the washers, screws, clamps, every major part such as the fuel system components is within DA's kit.

For the S50B32 we have the following supercharger kits:

450 hp supercharger kit
600 hp supercharger kit
720 hp supercharger kit

For the S50B32 we have the following turbocharger kits:
900 hp turbocharger kit
1050 hp turbocharger kit

Naturallay aspirated kits for the S5B32 were not attracting us because forced induction adds lots of torque and horsepower. Today, we have dynoed a 3,20i E46. Standard engine makes 150 hp, we have supercharged it with the ASA kit, I have personally reprogaremmed the ECU, and the supercharged E46 3,20i now makes 242 hp. There was no air fan to supply fresh air where we dynoed the E46 3,20i. We make more than 242 hp with the 2,0L engine as there was no air fan.

Forced induction is where we excel. However, one of our customers wanted his M3 to get modified with the naturally aspirated kit. We are waiting for a set of Schrick camshafts 284 degree, 11,9 mm lift. They are on the way via DHL worldwide, will be here next week. Compression ratio will be 11,8:1/12,0:1. A carbon fiber cold air intake kit and Supersprint free flow exhaust system complete the kit. Unichip piggyback system will be used to reprogram the ECU. Maximum engine speed will be 8300 rpm. We are expecting to make between 360 and 380 hp. Unfortunately, torque increase will not be satisfactory as we are addicted to the torque increase brought by Forced Induction. This M3 will be dynoed and we will make a dyno mpeg and post dyno sheets on our webpage.

For our Jamaican customer we are preparing a 720 hp supercharger kit. A very interesting feature of this project is to increase his 3,0L displacement to 3,2L. We use BMW Motorsport crankshaft, forged and 4 kg lighter than the standard crankshaft. Forged pistons and forged con rods complete the 3,2L conversion. The forged pistons and connecting rods are lighter than the stock ones and this enables to rev more. For this kit we also use the 3,6 kg lightweight flywheel. As a result, the engine will be a pure forged racing engine and supercharged.

It would be better if you send us an e-mail to [email protected] and we turn back to you with the details of the S50B32 kits. All I can say is that we have spent over 500,000 Euro in tuning BMWs and S50B30-32 is the engine where we excel.

Mert

·
Registered
166 Posts
KDE///M5,

Oben sieht man einen Kompressorumbau.

Ich muss Englisch weiterschreiben:)

Gruppe A M3s E36 make 415-420 hp in naturally aspirated trim. Thes engines have the original block, original connecting rods (Pleuel auf Deutsch), but the pistons have a higher compression ratio 12,5:1. These engines with almost stock internals are used for years both on the track and on the road. We change the pistons with the best forged ones. Forged connecting rods are made by hand. Many other engine parts are changed with superior ones and an optimum software tuning completes our Supercharger and Turbocharger Packages. As a conclusion, over 470 hp the S50B30 and B32 survive.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Reliability:

Power is not enough, it must be always with you and the car must always be healthy. The complete system, from the air filter to the engine, from the engine to the exhaust tips must be strong and durable. Transmission, final drive, axles must endure the power. The M3s and also other BMWs we tune are very reliable. Depending on the power level desired we either run on low boost with stock engine parts or we go for the other way and change many engine internals and externals to be used with high boost pressures.

We use the best quality components which are preferred by racing teams. There are always cheaper alternative parts and components on the market but we avoid them. A set of forged connecting rods made of Titanium costs approx. 2800 Euro per set. These titanium rods weigh 30% less than the stock BMW OEM rod and can handle over 1000 hp. We have tested them. The best parts always do not come straight into the engine. Sometimes you have to try and test different parts and components under harsh conditions such as highway top speed trial or on a 40 degree celcius summer day in the stop and go traffic. At the very end the complete system is as good as a Versace cloth. We know many tuners in the world. I have purchased every kit from these tuners and tested them. Learnt their weaknessed and strengths. Some of the BMW tuners are silent and they are not well known. We met them, tested their kits. As written before we have spent over 500,000 Euro in tuning BMWs.

ASA supercharged BMWs are driven as long as a naturally aspirated BMW. Low boost pressures such as 3-5 psi. If an original 3,30ci can be driven 250,000 km without changing the piston rings then a 3,30ci supercharged (320 hp) can also be driven 250,000 km.

Wild applications such as the 720 hp M3s or 1000 hp M3s can be driven 100,000 km without any major maintenence. At the end of each 100,000 km the piston rings must be changed. A set of piston rings cost 350 Euro. Labor, oil, gaskets will sum up to 1500-2000 Euro. Well, for a 720 hp or 1000+ hp M Power car 2000 Euro every 100,000 km is nothing.

Mert

1 - 14 of 14 Posts