BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received the upgraded WeissLicht Ultra-Bright LED Angel Eye and I searched to see if there was a DIY for the installation but I can not locate any. Did I search incorrectly or has no one documented this.
Just want to know if I need to remove the front bumper and light housing to get to replace these.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, just put mine in a few days ago. Pop the hood, look behind each light housing and find the round cap (about palm size) that will screw off with a slight turn. look inside, unplug the wire connector and turn light 90 degrees toward the center of the car. Pull the light out and replace using the special light clamp provided. stuff wiring back into housing and replace back cap. In order to get my daytime running lamp error code off I had to switch the lights. Use the diagram provided to rotate LED's then install them with Left headlight being the one when you are looking at the car from the front and same for the right. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
So I received the upgraded WeissLicht Ultra-Bright LED Angel Eye and I searched to see if there was a DIY for the installation but I can not locate any. Did I search incorrectly or has no one documented this.
Just want to know if I need to remove the front bumper and light housing to get to replace these.

since youre car is PRE-LCI you will not be able to just put youre hand in replace the bulbs, unforutnatley you have to remove the entire headlight- and lossing the screws can be $*%*#. Make sure you have a magnatizer and be extra carefull

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
since youre car is PRE-LCI you will not be able to just put youre hand in replace the bulbs, unforutnatley you have to remove the entire headlight- and lossing the screws can be $*%*#. Make sure you have a magnatizer and be extra carefull
Uh yeah this thread is over 2 years old, I don't even have the lights anymore :rolleyes:

·
Registered
122 Posts
just for future reference if anyone sees this thread....

Its a bit of a pain to get the new bulbs in.....you will need to remove the assemblies....there are 4 screws holding each side in.. The two bolts on the bottom of the light housings DONT come all the way out, just loosen them enough to slide the assemblies out. The ring bulbs are buried beneath the first bulbs you see when removing the service cover...carefully remove them before trying to remove the halo bulbs.... and be sure the new bulbs seat correctly when you tighten them in. I had a HELL of a time getting my hands inside to tighten the new bulbs in. The reward is worth it though!.....no more yellow.. :)

Mtec V3's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts