BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hear a noise outside the car I'm trying to figure out. You can hear it from the passenger seat, when the window is open. It sounds like its coming from the engine compartment. It sounds like "crickets chirping" when I'm lightly on or taking my foot off the gas pedal. You mostly hear it at slow parking lot type speeds. You do not hear it at idle. I tried to take a video but didn't turn out, will try again. I can reproduce it all the time. I was at an Indy who would hear it, but had no idea what it was. The dealer wants $100 just to take a look, so trying to solve on my own.

Any ideas from my lame description? Or where I can start to figure it out without paying (yet)?:smile

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
I hear a noise outside the car I'm trying to figure out. You can hear it from the passenger seat, when the window is open. It sounds like its coming from the engine compartment. It sounds like "crickets chirping" when I'm lightly on or taking my foot off the gas pedal. You mostly hear it at slow parking lot type speeds. You do not hear it at idle. I tried to take a video but didn't turn out, will try again. I can reproduce it all the time. I was at an Indy who would hear it, but had no idea what it was. The dealer wants $100 just to take a look, so trying to solve on my own.

Any ideas from my lame description? Or where I can start to figure it out without paying (yet)?:smile

Edit: Stupid mobile app decided I wanted to post something here.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Does it kind of sound like metallic bugs? I think I know what you're talking about, I hear it too, pretty sure it's normal but would love to kow what it is, only hear it at low speeds and low throttle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts