BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having an issue with the radio staying on mute upon start up. It works just fine just always turn on "on mute" I have noticed that speed volume resets once the car is turned off also. I leave it all the way on min and every start up it's back to max.
I've don't the reset with the eject and volume
Disconnected batteries.
Tried memory presets.
Dk what to next. It's pretty annoying

·
Registered
233 Posts
This happened to me also when my battery was failing. Radio was on mute in the mornings. After driving driving a bit battery got charged and everything was working till next morning. After replacing the battery no mute on radio anymore. Could be other reason than battery...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This happened to me also when my battery was failing. Radio was on mute in the mornings. After driving driving a bit battery got charged and everything was working till next morning. After replacing the battery no mute on radio anymore. Could be other reason than battery...

Battery is only about a year old..
I'll clean my grounds and see what happens

·
Registered
919 Posts
These cars, I swear they have a mind of their own sometimes. About twice a year I get a steering wheel lock error out of nowhere, that clears when you insert the fob.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These cars, I swear they have a mind of their own sometimes. About twice a year I get a steering wheel lock error out of nowhere, that clears when you insert the fob.

They really do.
It stopped the mute b.s and is starting in aux now lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
SIGV10
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing