BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. This is what I experienced this evening. Please help me to figure this out. Driving along at less than 30 mph when I heard these sounds. It also appears I'm having trouble uploading a video from my computer. Took a Iphone video, but unable to upload. What am I doing wrong? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually trying to upload directly to here. Is that not possible? The message said I was missing a security token.

·
Super Moderator
4,834 Posts
Some people attach files here directly, but then people who want to view have to download it. Linking/embedding from a site that hosts videos is more common.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Brendan, I'm afraid I'm not where you expect me to be. Do you feel like taking a longer drive?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Brendan, I'm afraid I'm not where you expect me to be. Do you feel like taking a longer drive?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Here is the video Dave (Jahdave) took of his car tonight. I'm pretty sure it's not the rod bearings, I've never heard them sound like this before but I'm kind of lost as to what it could be? Possibly the serpentine belt rubbing against something?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s5k894Sq5Hc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Wow chainsaw in the background? Never heard that before. I think we can rule out rod bearings though cherrsagai

Did you ever change your timing chain tensioner Dave?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Of course, Dave. Anything to help out a fellow enthusiast (and friend I guess, lol).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brendan, I have not had my timing chain done. Maybe this is the time for that.cherrsagai

Dave, thanks for helping a n enthusiast and friend. This is what this board is all about.cherrsagai

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brendan would you see if you can find it? Maybe it is something as simple as that. Let me know. Thanks! David:M5launch:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I will check tomorrow and let you know. Not sure it's the answer but it might help rule something out. If I can put my hand on it, it's yours and I will deliver to H-burg.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts