BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was using my washer today, it suddenly went weak and water barely squirts out. If I press the intensive action button, it's still weak. But, if I hold down the intensive action button it sprays hard as normal.

The other thing is the headlights no longer spray either.

Both fluids reservoirs are full.

Any clues?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Try looking and seeing if the washer has dried gunk on it. I know one of mine wasn't spraying out washer fluid correctly and when I looked it was gunked up. So I just took a paper clip and cleared off all the gunk on it and around it.

If that isn't it, I'd look at all the connections and make sure there isn't a leak.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try looking and seeing if the washer has dried gunk on it. I know one of mine wasn't spraying out washer fluid correctly and when I looked it was gunked up. So I just took a paper clip and cleared off all the gunk on it and around it.

If that isn't it, I'd look at all the connections and make sure there isn't a leak.
I thought about that, but then I wonder why it sprays hard and normal when I hold down the intensive action button.??????

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
The headlight washers only spray once in every 5 uses of the windshield spray nozzles when they are used with the headlights on. It's in the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Weird, I had the same problem start yesterday. The stream is good for about 1/2 a second and then is goes so weak it barely hits the windshield...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The headlight washers only spray once in every 5 uses of the windshield spray nozzles when they are used with the headlights on. It's in the Owner's Manual.
Oh yeah, I misread that. I thought it did it every 5 times when 5 is press, but apparently it applies to 6 also. But, I could have sworn it does it every time 6 was pressed.

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
Oh yeah, I misread that. I thought it did it every 5 times when 5 is press, but apparently it applies to 6 also. But, I could have sworn it does it every time 6 was pressed.
You could be correct about "button" # 6, but the manual spells it out.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Realoem lists the pumps at $40 each....
It's not too expensive, but I just had mine replaced about a year ago due to a leak. For me, I just want to make sure someone had a similar problem fixed. Time to check with the bimmerforum guys.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just deleted mine...:hihi:
It looks damn sexxay, but I'd die not having the washer jets.. too many bugs and too much dirt make them a necessity to keep the front windshield clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts