BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I finally made the decision. We bought a 2008 Silverstone M5 from BMW of Austin yesterday. 22.5K miles CPO. $56k + TTL. Not sure how good a deal we got but the car is amazing. We drove it around all morning today. Look forward to getting together with some Central Texas owners soon.

WM.

·
Registered
195 Posts
price is fair not too bad... have fun and enjoy it... happy motoring....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ty.Definitely happy with the purchase. Price was not our motivating factor. We found the one we wanted and it was local. We didn't haggle on price as much as we probably should have. And we didnt get the extended maintenence included. Hopefully we didnt get taken to the cleaners though!!!

WM

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
ty.Definitely happy with the purchase. Price was not our motivating factor. We found the one we wanted and it was local. We didn't haggle on price as much as we probably should have. And we didnt get the extended maintenence included. Hopefully we didnt get taken to the cleaners though!!!

WM
Congratulations on your M5! :wroom:

I've purchased many cars and it's not always about how much you shaved off the price during the negotiations. Could you have done a $1-2k better? Probably... But what matters most is if you are satisfied with the car and your purchase. The fact that you bought a CPO is a good decision and great piece-of-mind.

Don't sweat the numbers and enjoy your new ride! Don't forget to lose the charcoal filters and check out the RPI Air Induction Kit for your first inexpensive modifications that are very much worth it!

-b.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The internet is full of stories of great prices and "you can do better" people and message boards. Ignore them and enjoy your new ride -- and drive it like you stole it...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome, WM. You'll have a lot of miles to put on.
I go to Houston more often, but sometimes to San Marcos for the outlet.
Go to the USA South Forum and you'll find lots of fun!

·
Registered
227 Posts
It seems like a fair price. The most attractive part for me is the low mileage and your car fits the bill. It's an exciting time for you, so get behind the wheel and enjoy in good health.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well done. The M5 is the most amazing car I have ever had. And whilst it's also the most expensive car to run that I have ever had, I don't mind one bit.

At least the price of fuel for you guys is a bit more acceptable. Still, you don't get a car that does 15mpg and worry about details like that (I spend about $1000 / £600 per month on fuel!).

Is your beast an SMG or 6sp? And Silverstone is one of the best colours for an M5...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it is an SMG. It has every possible option as far as I can tell. Fuel costs arent a big issue for us. Car will spend more time parked than driven. (Work from home).

Wife and I are off to lunch in our beast!!!!!!

WM

·
Registered
424 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I don't think you will regret a thing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts